03 Silverado Singlecab 4x4 First Fiberglass Enclosure

• 2 months later...

Been a while, but I'm finally starting back on more progress. I gutted the stereo back out to get to the rear panels where I'll be replacing the stock speakers finally, The box is getting a new paint job, It'll be flat black this time, and the amp needs some modification as the back panel plate rattles like a son of a bitch.

Pulled the seats out cause for the 20 mins it took to get it all out, it's worth it when it comes to having room to work.

Posted Image

Whoever had the truck before me must have spilled chex mix and orange soda soup between the seats where I could never get to before...

Posted Image

Subs out before unbolting the box.

Posted Image

Panels out.

Posted Image

Now I can't figure this out, but the rear speakers are 8 ohms? Didn't expect that...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cleaning up the wiring a bit.

Posted Image

Much cleaner!!!

Box back in the shop!

Posted Image

About as much wetsanding as I could handle for the night.

Posted Image

My new issue is now I'm gonna order the new 4x6's tomorrow I guess. I think I'm going to go with the Alpine Type-S SPS-406. They're going to be powered by the headunit so they should be fine.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

hey man, if I came over from Huntsville could you hook up my cluster? I'd throw some cash your way of course. The would look so badass matching my blue led HU

images-4.jpgdjscrewbanner5sf.jpgimages.jpg

"IT SOUNDS SLOW MOTION AND STUTTERING"~~~~LOL

2 15" Fi BTLs

7.5 cf box @ 33hz

Sundown SAZ-3500D

Powermaster S3400 & D3100

Iraggi 300a alt

SecondSkin - totally dead

Knu wire

hey man, if I came over from Huntsville could you hook up my cluster? I'd throw some cash your way of course. The would look so badass matching my blue led HU

Man I've been BEGGED from so many guys with 03+ GM's to do the LED mod in their cluster, but the thing with me is I don't feel comfortable doing instrument work like that on the gauges b/c they are so finicky, and even on mine I had to repair a few of the stepper motors and if anything were to break I wouldn't want to feel responsible for poor quality work, you know what I mean?

If you really wanted to do it though, I would be glad to help you out with how exactly it works and what the procedure is, really you just need to know how to solder and just basic electronics, there's an awesome thread on an entire interior bulb to LED replacement in the 03+ GM's, just shoot me a pm. The hardest part like I said in the post was getting the needles off of the board without damaging the stepper motors, but other than that it's pretty straightforward.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Did some more work today, mostly just wet sanding and shaping. From the first time around I had some spots that were questionable that I wanted to address now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

^Making a nice rounded inside lip.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enough sanding for the night. Gotta work in the morning... :(

Also gotta get to fixing the plate on the back of the amp that was rattling it's ass off.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

^That's some pretty damn big power leads if I've ever seen on an amp this small. :D

I have to say, I've been VERY pleased with this amp and how it's been performing power wise, and I'm sure I'll be even more pleased after I fix the rattle.

MUCH more to come.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Ya damn pretty good size leads... Good job man thats alot of sandig...

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

did u have to take off the orange needles from the cluster? and if so how do u do that and make sure they go back on the same spot u took them off? i was reading some other forums and they took them off and sanded them down with nail polish remover. to give them a clear look or paint them white to see better at night.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24726

i hope this link works. its for the 99- 02 gmc trucks

edit u dont need sand paper just use ur nails and nail polish remover. i hope u dont paint ur nails lol

mycars.jpg

Archived