Selenium 4-ohm Midbass....

ptcary

With all the interest in working on better midbass, I thought I would post this here, too.

I had an 'accident' and lost one of my Kicker SSMB6 midbasses due to a wiring error on my part testing them.

So I decided that I wanted to try something different, and began the search, since I am running Selenium pro audio 8 ohm mids and tweets for rear fill, I thought I would give their 4 ohm car midbasses a try.

I was able to test one back to back with the Kicker SSMB6 in my passenger door and the Selenium is cleaner sounding, smoother and deeper sound than the kicker.

Selenium 6MB11A midbass, 70w rms, $18 each http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/tb-6mb11a.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Nice find.

They also carry the tweeters I use. The 1TW1 Neo 1"

Very crisp and clear without being too harsh.

I haven't been able to find them lately so, good find sir! Time to order a couple sets. :good:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Is it just me, or does the site you posted have no pictures?

I know my part numbers, but I would think it would be a turn off for others looking at product.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Is it just me, or does the site you posted have no pictures?

I know my part numbers, but I would think it would be a turn off for others looking at product.

I agree with you....

Yes that site posts no pics or specs or anything! .... but they seem to carry all the Selenium stuff. I have ordered twice from them now and had no problems.

I usually find better info on one site and a better price on another site, so I take a gamble and order from the one with the best price.

I can't access Selenium's website from here at work, blocked, but here is a PDF on the car woofers.

http://www.sntech.cz/archiv/selenium/BassSw11A.pdf

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

I bounce around to a couple different sites too. These guys carry a larger selection then others. Selenium is one of the bigger OEM makers and I think one of the most underrated, unknown, high quality speaker builders out there. I've been using them in many applications over the past 10 years now

I bounce around to a couple different sites too. These guys carry a larger selection then others. Selenium is one of the bigger OEM makers and I think one of the most underrated, unknown, high quality speaker builders out there. I've been using them in many applications over the past 10 years now

I am new to them, I found Selenium through SMD, and have only played around with the 6W4P and their horn tweeters for rear fill, the quality is excellent, even though they are not supposed to be SQ speakers. I was worried about the horn tweeters, as they are so efficient, but since mine are aimed into the seatbacks, they won't hurt anybody!

I would love to build an entire system around Selenium speakers to see what it could do. Really nice speakers for great price! I guess their pro audio stuff is better known than the car speakers.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

do they not make an 8" midbass cuz i cant seem to find one

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

selinium has been ok for home theatre stuff sometimes in the past when i cant find something else, but i find for linearity (SQ) they plain out suck. They are loud and pretty efficient, and they are price wise cheap as hell, but thats pretty much as far as i would go with them.

Yea some people on here use them and say the SQ is amazing, but i question thier definition of SQ in that case, and i dont really care whom it is running them my opinion is the same, they sound like ass compared to better speakers on the market.

No 8" midbass, only 8" subwoofer.

ghey. i just have a problem wit runnin mids that are 5.25 and a midbass thats 6

i like a little more size difference ya know?

i guess ill be stain wit kicker

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz