dwright27 Posted August 8, 2008 Report Posted August 8, 2008 all i can say is wow. im totally speechless that something like this happened. 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
Blackedout Posted August 8, 2008 Author Report Posted August 8, 2008 So I'm looking through my phone. I took a video of the system 45 minutes before my car caught on fire. With the new battery and everything, shows where put it and how it was set up. Turns out I recorded it in slow motion, so its 9 minutes long......No audio....Last video EVER. :-/ I also have a video from July 31 on my phone which shows the old Cap placement and everything, window flex. Anybody have a program (FROM EXPERIENCE) that I can convert these videos (.3PG or something like that) to MP3 or another video file? I sprayed off the Kicker 1000.1 and tried to pull it open. Its a messy job. Wasn't in the mood. Maybe another day. All I can say at this point is FUCK! I miss my little truck, I miss working on it. I'm so lost right now its not even funny. Like losing your best friend...Only difference is you don't depend on your best friend and see em' every day. Before: Way Before, With the camper shell: After: I'm thanking my lucky stars it wasn't worse. Turns out the gas tank, which had around 8-10+ gallons in it, was pretty much exactly under where the fire started. 1/2 under the driver side of the cab and 1/2 under the bed. Had it caught on fire, I don't know that I would be here right now, or if my house would still be standing. I put out the fire from the driver side window, my whole arm inside the truck. House/ garage was closest to the driver side. I think we're going to talk to our home owner's insurance and see if they will do anything. If they will, I would be so happy. A down payment on a new car would be cool. All your guy's advice is helping, so if you got something positive to say or a similar experience, shoot away. 10th EDIT: You guys think if I rip everything out of the cab and cut it up into smallish pieces a recycling center would give me money for the metal? Sub baskets? Magnets? It may not even be worth my time, but I gotta figure out something. Trunk Build Log
Boomin660 Posted August 8, 2008 Report Posted August 8, 2008 oh man thats some serious damage good thing your ok same with you house best of luck on the next system
Applejack Posted August 8, 2008 Report Posted August 8, 2008 id say your best bet is to take it to a junkyard, they might give you something for that stuff though Midwest Car Audio is on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Midwest-Car-Audio-Association/101253286585630
stitch12 Posted August 8, 2008 Report Posted August 8, 2008 Wow man, sorry to hear about that.. And at the scrap yards around here vehichles are at about 190 a ton. I dont know if you want to salvage any parts to sell or anything. Take the catalytic converter off and bring it somewhere. Probably get 50-100 for it. Alluminum rims are about 25 bucks a piece. Those prices are just here in rural wisconsin though, they are probably higher in a suburban or urban area.
Big P Posted August 8, 2008 Report Posted August 8, 2008 Nope. Only blessing I'm getting from that is hopefully somebody needing a chassis, bed, front end, and engine. I only have liability on the car, so nothing I do will be covered. Only if somebody hits me will anything be covered. We're not even going to make a claim. I could do a lot of things, but the truth is its not worth it. I lost $5000 today. I haven't even made that much this year with 480 hours of work. All I can hope for is to break even on the deal and get $1500 out of it. I got the truck for free. I poured my heart and earnings into the sound system though. It slapped for a standard cab truck. There was $1500+ worth of stuff in the car, but I have about $1000 worth of stuff that has come out. Thanks Micky. Yeah, everything happens for a reason. My next car will have a $5000 sound system in it. Done right the first time. Battery concealed in a battery box, or away from any potential hazards. I'm thinking a stetsom 7KD 16v, a couple btls, a box tuned to 32 hertz, Knu RCAs, Kinetik 3100s, a shit load of dynamat/ hushmat/ RAAMAT- Who knows. It'll take some time. Box sealed off from the trunk facing into the cab, EA Alt. Cuz in my neck of the woods, everybody thinks JL 1000/1s and W7s are the way to go, and that a 12'' kicker in the trunk 'slaps hella hard'......But that ain't shit. Shit I would trade you the system that im putting in my truck in a hart beat as long as the body isnt warped from heat. The systems worth a bit more than $1500 tho lol
Big P Posted August 8, 2008 Report Posted August 8, 2008 So I'm looking through my phone. I took a video of the system 45 minutes before my car caught on fire. With the new battery and everything, shows where put it and how it was set up. Turns out I recorded it in slow motion, so its 9 minutes long......No audio....Last video EVER. :-/ I also have a video from July 31 on my phone which shows the old Cap placement and everything, window flex. Anybody have a program (FROM EXPERIENCE) that I can convert these videos (.3PG or something like that) to MP3 or another video file? I sprayed off the Kicker 1000.1 and tried to pull it open. Its a messy job. Wasn't in the mood. Maybe another day. All I can say at this point is FUCK! I miss my little truck, I miss working on it. I'm so lost right now its not even funny. Like losing your best friend...Only difference is you don't depend on your best friend and see em' every day. Before: Way Before, With the camper shell: After: I'm thanking my lucky stars it wasn't worse. Turns out the gas tank, which had around 8-10+ gallons in it, was pretty much exactly under where the fire started. 1/2 under the driver side of the cab and 1/2 under the bed. Had it caught on fire, I don't know that I would be here right now, or if my house would still be standing. I put out the fire from the driver side window, my whole arm inside the truck. House/ garage was closest to the driver side. I think we're going to talk to our home owner's insurance and see if they will do anything. If they will, I would be so happy. A down payment on a new car would be cool. All your guy's advice is helping, so if you got something positive to say or a similar experience, shoot away. 10th EDIT: You guys think if I rip everything out of the cab and cut it up into smallish pieces a recycling center would give me money for the metal? Sub baskets? Magnets? It may not even be worth my time, but I gotta figure out something. I use tunebite to convert my files. I need a new project truck so if your wanting to sell it get ahold of me before you send that thing to the scraper. It needs put back on the road!
AI James Posted August 8, 2008 Report Posted August 8, 2008 ive never got somethign free for installing stuff wrong.... live and learn next time
Blackedout Posted August 9, 2008 Author Report Posted August 9, 2008 Big P, the roof is warped, so if you cut the top off another one, you could make it happen. Best bet/ cheapest bet would be to score big and get a whole new cab from the junk yard. It wouldn't be too hard to fix, its just a matter of how much labor you want to put into it. The junk yard will give me $600 for it. I think I could part it out somewhere around $1500 though. Just gotta do it right I guess. Trunk Build Log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.