Second Skin Audio

Sub Placement When Using Slot Port?

just wondering if there are any (dis)advantages to either sub placement

please excuse my horrible paint skills... i tried using google sketchup but i cant save it in a form photobucket uses

im such a noob when it comes to some computer shit

this is what i have now but im wondering if its better to use the placement below

untitled-1.jpg

does #2 utilize the air better or worse?

the lines represent the length of the port after the 90 degree bend

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i know that... im not concerned with tuning...

moreso will one design over the air make the sub see less internal volume because the moving air is either blocked or not blocked by the rear port wall

k just making sure u at least knew that. personally i like the first design u had. seems to work better in my experience.

hmmm...i think i might say the second design. you wanna keep the sub furthest away from the port opening as you can, and the second design makes it look like the air has to go through the box more before it hits the port opening moreso than the first.

dont use the side of the box for the side wall of your port. when the other side stops, the wall of the box will continue to be the wall of the port a lil longer than the other side of the port. and ur tuning wont be dead on like u want it to be.

use the end correction formula and tuning will be dead on....

subtract 1/2 of the ports width from the length of the port and voila :hairtrick:

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

good advice but i know that... and its accounted for in amatts spreadsheet

lets rearrange the question

so which in between these two...

untitled1.jpg

i thought it would be obvious to pick A since its farthest away from port... so even if the port was shorter it should still go in a, unless the port has no bend in which case it would go in b... right?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

oh I was just replying to saturn :)

go w/choice B

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

if that is the port opening on the left hand side, then i would go with the first pic....keep the sub furthest from the port as possible...i mean i dont think there is gonna be a huge differece in either one, but from my limited experience, and what i have heard from others, numbers will go up a tad with the sub furthest away from the port as possible...

i likes me some audio stuff...