Sundown Audio

Amp not turning on

have a problem with my buddy's amp.. its a sony xplod XM-D9001GTR, hes running 8awg power wire (very soon to be upgraded) 8awg ground as well.. had it all hooked up proper, has ben workin fine for the 2 weeks or so hes had it, until today, he was driving, and it just shut off.. played around with some wires (power/ground) moved the amp around a bit, and it turned back on for about 5-10 minutes, now it won't even turn on..

when it wouldn't turn on before, it was reading 6 volts off my DMM..

just wondering, because he can't return it.. heh

anyone have any clues?

mmmmm.. bass.RD Audio

sounds like a bad wire connection but if you were gettin any juice at all and the amp will not power on check tha fuses on the amp and under tha hood if they are good check the remote turn on if its gettin power ya boy might have a real prob 

ok, little update..

first we took his amp out, hooked it up to my wiring, and it worked just fine.. hooked it back up to his, and didn't work, even after running a fresh 4awg ground.. checked all the fuses, they are all fine.. connected a wire from remote to power, and it turned on, but subs don't play..

we really dunno what it is, hes feeling real confident right now that its the deck..

were goin out tomorrow to get a new one, sony xplod thats on sale for $89.99 right now hes got some crap koss one that he got off ebay.. so i guess he needs to upgrad either way..

mmmmm.. bass.RD Audio

sounds like a bad wire connection but if you were gettin any juice at all and the amp will not power on check tha fuses on the amp and under tha hood if they are good check the remote turn on if its gettin power ya boy might have a real prob 

remote turn on isn't getting power..

ok well if you are using the h/u for the remote turn on and its not getting power go ahead with your plans to get a new h/u and you should b fine 

so you think it could be the deck??

I think so too..

yes...if the h/u is getting power and turning on but not turning on the amp yes its the h/u...I have a question tho is the h/u putting out sound if so try makeing your remote wire the ignition wire ''RED'' from your wire harness and see if the amp will power on and play that way because if you are sure that the h/u is putting out a pre-amp signal and sure that the subs are good and the amp is powered on but not putting out sound its the amp and not the h/u