Rebuildin' 2003 Grand Am

A good thing and a Bad thing happened Today...

A good thing

So i sold my Re Audio 12.1 amp finally... theres been some hiccups with recent bidders so i hope that gets resolved.. either way the upgrade is only going to cost an extra $100 to get the Aq2200d

2nd Good thing

I found out i can finally order my sub... w00t for mo powa'

A bad thing

I was about to pull into my alley when i turned the corner (a blind corner) and saw a bike cop... staring me down.. he got in the lane and luckily i knew the cop... He knows my fiance's dad(firefighter in same town) and has pulled me over before and let me go for a mistaken expired tag and left turn by a railroad track which evidently you cant do...

I've gotten 2 "amplified sound violations" so far... each one i didnt even see the cop... this time i did and i still got a ticket... haha damn lol

But instead of the normal $75, he only charged me $50.... looks like i got an extra $25 to make the car louder!!!

and i was playing Baby D "Leanin," which i slowed to peak at 36hz... I was playing full tilt @ my cars peak when i turned the corner.... ooppps http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

I figured i just start the build log with a good ending of the old build... pics of the decontruction will come in the next few days

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

thats why i said id start with a funny story about the ending..

lvl4xl wont be here til after 9/15 when next shipment is ready

just sold re 12.1 amp today... prolly have audioque2200d next week since i havent gotten payment yet 8/26

waiting on response on rusty for optimal enclosure for my situation so cant build a box til i know how many sqin port

ahhh..ok... i think i got that annoying mosquito out of my ear

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

use 16 square inches of port per cube.

easy :) now get to building!!!!! ;):D:D:D:D:

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

dude i would rather see someone with 0 posts tell him to get to building besides you of all people.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

how many cuft do you think an xl displaces?

so far i got

3.917cuft

30.35hz

58sqin port

14.8sqin/cuft.... i really cant go bigger than 16*32*23

cant go higher than 16" cause thats the height of the grand am opening

cant go deeper than 23" because than the port would be less than 4" from rear of trunk

width can go up to 34" but then the box barely fits and there's less clearance for air to enter the cabin so 32" max

and i have to use allthread so i dont decrease the volume.... i need to make 45s with resin too otherwise im loosing cuft and i want me a lowend monster

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

dude i would rather see someone with 0 posts tell him to get to building besides you of all people.

lawl

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer