Second Skin Audio

D9 Vs Lv4

ok my brother is wanting more out of his f-250..he just put a nice set up in his mustang and now wants more from his truck, he has a diamond audio d9 12" woofer, and its ran by some diamond audio 1200w rms amp (dont know exact modle number) so i was giving him advice of trying a lv4 12"..i told him on that power it for sure should be louder..just want your guys opinions on it...because his doors sound great...but i was disapointed by the sound of this sub..he need MORE!!

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

exactly the D9 is gonna be more accurate on the bass while of course the Lvl 4 is gonna kill the D9 in output. So was he dissapointed on the SOUND of the sub or the OUTPUT?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

he may lose a little accuracy but unless hes pretty anal i doubt he'll even realise it due to the loudness change

no he wont even notice the difference, his sub gets sloppier then my 15's did on some songs tbh...you really think there will be quite a loudness difference?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

exactly the D9 is gonna be more accurate on the bass while of course the Lvl 4 is gonna kill the D9 in output. So was he dissapointed on the SOUND of the sub or the OUTPUT?

the output...no offence to him but he dosnt really know the difference between a good sounding sub and a bad one...and i wasnt as impressed with the D9 as i feel i should have been... i think ill lead him towards the lv4 and just see what he says

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

as roscoe said the correct box is pretty key in this situation. if his current sub is sloppy most likely the box is wrong as it should sound better then a lvl 4 in my experience

yeah if its sloppy its a box issue. but Logan said it was the output hes dissapointed in so...

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

as roscoe said the correct box is pretty key in this situation. if his current sub is sloppy most likely the box is wrong as it should sound better then a lvl 4 in my experience

the box should have no problems at all, it was built by a reputable shop and as ive looked over it its nicely crafted....i know i keep bringing up korn as they are a good band to tell if u have good subs or not (imo) and his D9 would get just as sloppy on them as my 15's would...and it SHOULDNT be like that at all

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

yeah if its sloppy its a box issue. but Logan said it was the output hes dissapointed in so...

thanks roscoe, i think ill just order him a lv4 12" and be done with it..i would bet anything he will be happy

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg