Sundown Audio

Will This Hurt My Amp?

my amp does 1400 rms at 4 ohms and 700x2 at 2 ohms in stereo I have my sub wired at 8 ohms it's dual 4 ohm I was just wondering if this will hurt the amp at all or is it just gonna put out a little less power?

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

my amp does 1400 rms at 4 ohms and 700x2 at 2 ohms in stereo I have my sub wired at 8 ohms it's dual 4 ohm I was just wondering if this will hurt the amp at all or is it just gonna put out a little less power?

Why not just wire the coils in parallel and get a 2 ohm load and then run the amp in stereo at 2 ohms? Its going to get a whole lot more power and be a whole lot louder too. The only thing that may suffer a bit is sound quality, but that won't matter that much.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Why not just wire the coils in parallel and get a 2 ohm load and then run the amp in stereo at 2 ohms? Its going to get a whole lot more power and be a whole lot louder too. The only thing that may suffer a bit is sound quality, but that won't matter that much.

Yeah I was gonna but would I have to put a resister or something on the other channel. What about running a coil on each channel?

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

first u have to figure out the rms of your sub. Because if u just send 1400 to a 500 watt rms sub you are just going to smoke it what kind of sub do u have and the box design is a big part to.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com