Electrical Help

I've never bought all the wires and stuff separately, I've only used those amp install kits.

Im trying to figure out how much it will cost to wire up my amp and stuff.

Orion 2500D.

2500Dpower.jpg

I'm going to need an alternator, I was thinkin a universal alternator... I can make brackets for it, we have welders and stuff and I can weld. Reason why is I have an engine coming sooner or later for the truck, and its a different engine than what is in it. So I'll just make a new bracket for the other engine.

I want to run the secondary alt seperate than the existing charging system, and have it dedicated to 1-2 batteries and the amp will run off those batteries.. Not sure what batteries eiter, would want something I can buy locally. They do not have the yellow or blue Optimas, nor do I want to spend that much on batteries.

I need to know what terminals and stuff I need, all that stuff. Whatever I need to wire up that amp, and do a big 3 and stuff..

I've never bought all the wires and stuff separately, I've only used those amp install kits.

Im trying to figure out how much it will cost to wire up my amp and stuff.

Orion 2500D.

2500Dpower.jpg

I'm going to need an alternator, I was thinkin a universal alternator... I can make brackets for it, we have welders and stuff and I can weld. Reason why is I have an engine coming sooner or later for the truck, and its a different engine than what is in it. So I'll just make a new bracket for the other engine.

I want to run the secondary alt seperate than the existing charging system, and have it dedicated to 1-2 batteries and the amp will run off those batteries.. Not sure what batteries eiter, would want something I can buy locally. They do not have the yellow or blue Optimas, nor do I want to spend that much on batteries.

I need to know what terminals and stuff I need, all that stuff. Whatever I need to wire up that amp, and do a big 3 and stuff..

All you need is some 1/0 welding cable and some 1/0 ring terminals. We have universal one wire 300 amp compact alternators that make custom dual alt setups very clean and easy to install. Holler if you need more help setting that up.

All you need is some 1/0 welding cable and some 1/0 ring terminals. We have universal one wire 300 amp compact alternators that make custom dual alt setups very clean and easy to install. Holler if you need more help setting that up.

With that 300 amp alt, will his car have to idle at 1500rpm?

At what point can he expect 300amps of output and for how long?

Whats a "compact" alternator?

When inquiring about alts these are a few questions to ask( Gearstix.) Also include type of car with new motor type too. If you can make your own bracket you could do the ford 4g its compact and very slim with great load anticipation and are very solid durable alts.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

As for the orion terminals, they use the type where the end of the wire just slips into the hole and you tighten down a set screw into the end. You wont need spade terminals for the amp, power or speaker wise.

You'll need terminals for connecting your power cable to your battery, fuse holder(s), terminals for connecting your ground(s), terminals for the cables on your big 3.

Man, you're just gonna have to get a piece of paper and add it all up, shouldn't be too much though.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

As for the orion terminals, they use the type where the end of the wire just slips into the hole and you tighten down a set screw into the end. You wont need spade terminals for the amp, power or speaker wise.

You'll need terminals for connecting your power cable to your battery, fuse holder(s), terminals for connecting your ground(s), terminals for the cables on your big 3.

Man, you're just gonna have to get a piece of paper and add it all up, shouldn't be too much though.

x2

If crimped correctly the crimped connections are better for contact , the set screw type are fine. Depends on how fancy you want to be really.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

All you need is some 1/0 welding cable and some 1/0 ring terminals.

the orions will not except 1/0 wire. You need to use 4 gauge. So you will need to either trim the 1/0 gauge to fit in the whole, run power wire reducers, or run 1/0 wire to a distrabution block then 4 gauge to the amps.

You dont need to snipe off too much wire tho, if thats the route you chose to go, they do use oversized power and ground terminals, can easily put 2 gauge wire in them without snipping some of the wire strands off.

Archived