Sonic Electronix

Fans. (for Your Amps)

I use a pair of 120mm fans. one pushes the other pulls.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

yup, same as a pc case. just make sure you got an intake and an exhaust and you are good to go.

ur 12 volt remote wire isnt the best idea to run them off of ... i tried it with a alpine head unit and with one amp and two fans it was too much and wouldnt turn on the amp every power-up ...IMO
u just need to use 12v fans... and a relay usually

x3

Are you guys seriously trying to fry the remote wire on your headunits? The remote wire on a headunit is very low amperage 12 volt. The amperage is so low that it cant even spin the fan as fast as a computer can!

A relay is your best solution, wire it up to your remote, then have the relay turn not only your amps on, but your fans too! You will get more power to the fans giving you more cfm.

Tho I dont really know what you want to do with such small fans, I guess there great to use the small ones if you got them laying around, but not worth the money to go buy some.

I just went to the junk yard my buddys work at and grabbed me one of these to blow on my amps, might get another one yet. Plus on those hot days at a competition it will feel good having these suckers blow out my trunk, because ill just put my chairs behind my car open the trunk grab a cold brew and chillax :) Just one of these moves more air then them big box fans you can get to put in your windows at your house :)

09-06-08_0825.jpg

and then next to a 80mm computer case fan...

09-06-08_0826.jpg

i wonder if these will work good? http://www.darvex.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Sc...Product_Count=1 i just need somethin blowin across my amps (there under my box on the floor board and my box is downfire so there out of sunlight and they got built in fans i just want a lil more air) do anyone kno witch way the fans blow in memephis amps? i unno if its in or out if its in can i put a fan on top of it sence its got vents on the top of the amp or put another fan next to it pulling up to help curculate air, i mostly need one for my 150.2 sence its a/b and gets warmer than my 1000.1d, it gets warm but not hot but i just want it to run cooler tho so a cross flow fan or one of these pullin air out http://www.darvex.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Sc...Product_Count=1 do u think that will work best?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

x3

Are you guys seriously trying to fry the remote wire on your headunits? The remote wire on a headunit is very low amperage 12 volt. The amperage is so low that it cant even spin the fan as fast as a computer can!

A relay is your best solution, wire it up to your remote, then have the relay turn not only your amps on, but your fans too! You will get more power to the fans giving you more cfm.

Tho I dont really know what you want to do with such small fans, I guess there great to use the small ones if you got them laying around, but not worth the money to go buy some.

I just went to the junk yard my buddys work at and grabbed me one of these to blow on my amps, might get another one yet. Plus on those hot days at a competition it will feel good having these suckers blow out my trunk, because ill just put my chairs behind my car open the trunk grab a cold brew and chillax :) Just one of these moves more air then them big box fans you can get to put in your windows at your house :)

09-06-08_0825.jpg

and then next to a 80mm computer case fan...

09-06-08_0826.jpg

i can use 2 of them..lol

thats like these for alil over 20 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-INCH-12V-...sspagenameZWDVW

Edited by Jextel
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

Do you really want to spend that kinda money on a fan? for real? get serious man!!!

The square stinger fan for $12 bucks is a rip off and a half!!! even with the smd discount (nothing against darves) its jsut stingers prices are cracked out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835166039

That fan is over 10cfm more, and $0.69 cents. Theres other cheep ones too, and newegg combines shipping if you get multiple items.

EDIT: the square stinger fan is only 2.35", that is smaller then a normal computer case 80mm fan. LOL

Its no different then the stinger batteries that are outragiously priced. You can get the same battery made by hawker for over half the cost. Stinger just buys them and puts there labels on it. This is why I dont run stinger crap. And dont even get me started on there $600 alternators................

i can use 2 of them..lol

thats like these for alil over 20 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-INCH-12V-...sspagenameZWDVW

See those are great too. I got mine from the junkyard, it was free, but Im sure you can goto any salvage yard and search radator or a/c condensor fans and get one for $15 or less. 1550cfm is no joke and that cheaper then the stingers and moves 50+ times more air then the stingers... and after you buy 50 stinger fans to equal the same output your looking at a nice chunk of change spent on garbage :)

Also, you dont want to blow the fans on the mosfets. It wont cool the amp too well, the mosfets are attached to the aluminum heatsink, the heatsink is meant to cool the mosfets down, so if your constantly moving air over the heatsink you will dissapate much more heat then just blowing air around inside the amp since the heatsink is mostly covered up by the amps circuit board.

Edited by audiofanaticz

I was thinking of covering the entire surface of the amp in them.

i would not do that. fans are good, but so is airflow. i agree with decaf, have some feed the air in, and have some others pulling it out. that will work best. otherwise the air wont have anywhere to go if you just cover the surface in them