Sonic Electronix

Ok- question here.. I have a t1500-1bd, and will be ordering my second t1500-1bd in a couple of weeks. are there any EFFICIENT subs that would match roughly 1500-1700watts rms each, so I can run each sub to its own t1500-1bd?

I'm just guessing, but i would NOT want to go with the BTL's if i'm only doing 1500 watts rms per sub, right? i just want to have efficient subs so i can get the most SPL out of my little fosgate amps :) any suggestions for some subs that would work for this setup? i dont know shite lol.. thx all :crazy:

Amps - 2x t1500-1bd

Subs - 2x hdc315's(copper d2's)

Deck - 1940's Amplitude Modulation radio

little fosgate. since when is 3000w little

lol

umm theres the obvious:

dc level 4

fi bl w/options

incriminator dp

sundown nightshade

aa havoc

re mx

old re xxx

to name a few... for spl tho id go with the bold... depends on bugdet tho too...

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

little fosgate. since when is 3000w little

lol

haha they're so tiny and cute that i almost forget they're pushing some watts lol. But seriously- compared to most systems here on the forum, the t1500-1bd's are just little toys hehe :mellow:

BTW thanks for the suggestions. which of those woofers is most "budget minded" :)

Edited by S1R-BLUNTZWORTH

Amps - 2x t1500-1bd

I think you should stick to subs with a 1000 watt rms each. Keep in mind that for you to get the 1500 to 1700 watts from the amps you will need to run them nearly maxed out or maxed out. At that point you might be clipping all the time and death to your system will happen.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

I think you should stick to subs with a 1000 watt rms each. Keep in mind that for you to get the 1500 to 1700 watts from the amps you will need to run them nearly maxed out or maxed out. At that point you might be clipping all the time and death to your system will happen.

loaded BL's would be great with that power...my subs would love an extra 200 wrms.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

what kinda car... do u want 12s 15s 18s?

the car is a 1996 volkswagon Jetta. I either want 15's or 18's. Would 18"'s move a whole lot more air that 15"'s?(wind tunnel effect would be cool) But I also dont want to hurt the wallet too bad.... :) but I heard FI's are inefficient(esp 18"'s), i heard its like the first 500w rms does absolutely nothing to them and is wasted due to the low speaker sensitivity. The mtx 8500's (12's) I have are rated at 92db sensitivity, which is pretty good, but they'll never eat 3000 or 2500watts rms lol

@banginAltima : you are probably right. maybe I should run them @ 2ohm which would result in roughly 1000-1200 w rms. The 1 t1500-1bd I currently have is running @ 1 ohm, and gets very HOT! :diablo:

Edited by S1R-BLUNTZWORTH

Amps - 2x t1500-1bd

the car is a 1996 volkswagon Jetta. I either want 15's or 18's. Would 18"'s move a whole lot more air that 15"'s?(wind tunnel effect would be cool) But I also dont want to hurt the wallet too bad.... :) but I heard FI's are inefficient(esp 18"'s), i heard its like the first 500w rms does absolutely nothing to them and is wasted due to the low speaker sensitivity. The mtx 8500's (12's) I have are rated at 92db sensitivity, which is pretty good, but they'll never eat 3000 or 2500watts rms lol

@banginAltima : you are probably right. maybe I should run them @ 2ohm which would result in roughly 1000-1200 w rms. The 1 t1500-1bd I currently have is running @ 1 ohm, and gets very HOT! :diablo:

You would still have to turn the gains way up to get the 1000- 1200 watts if you run them at 2 ohm. Run them at 1 ohm just turn the gains down. They probably wouldn't run hot with the gains set right a 1 ohm.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

which of those woofers is most "budget minded" :)

dc ftmfw!! you will not be disappointed.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/