Sundown Audio

Testing Big Boy Monster 15"

Jacob, are you bringing the Jeep to the show on Saturday? If you are I'll need a demo in it and I might have to be the one to wear ear plugs in your ride this time :D

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Jacob, are you bringing the Jeep to the show on Saturday? If you are I'll need a demo in it and I might have to be the one to wear ear plugs in your ride this time :D

Yep - I am bringing it. Maybe we can get a few more tenths out of it before the show :) Hopefully it is consistent for us and makes a good 150+ showing, after we run it through the lanes I'd be glad to demo it.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Yep - I am bringing it. Maybe we can get a few more tenths out of it before the show :) Hopefully it is consistent for us and makes a good 150+ showing, after we run it through the lanes I'd be glad to demo it.

I've got a few tricks that I might be able to help you get a few tenths out of it with. I'm not sure if you've tried them, but we can meter it before you decide to run on Saturday and try them out. Or you can just try them when you run for your qualifying.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Seems that voice coil former wraps simply cannot hold up to the Monster Sub... noticed it starting making a funny sound when I press on the cone after some HARD music demoing. Even the much better nomex wrap material is pulling off of the voice coil former.

I may need to tool up something to get a larger glue joint to spread out the load and hold the coil at the top of the former... this is what testing is for! Our latest gluing methods are holding 100% - it is the voice coil wrap itself from the coil manufacturer that is failing.

Of course, this also gives me the opportunity to build it up w/ the 12-layer and see if it is louder :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

thats so awesome dude. the process u go through to make this thing as much of a beast as it can be is so cool

keep up the awesome work man

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Indeed... I have been reluctant to offer an ETA since getting this thing just right for such high power is going to be such a challenge!

Honestly - I think it would hold up to our burps pretty much forever, I am pretty sure that playing music on it is what did it. I doubt this would be a problem with 3kw or less, but we have 6kw on tap on it - on music at that.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

Indeed... I have been reluctant to offer an ETA since getting this thing just right for such high power is going to be such a challenge!

Honestly - I think it would hold up to our burps pretty much forever, I am pretty sure that playing music on it is what did it. I doubt this would be a problem with 3kw or less, but we have 6kw on tap on it - on music at that.

3" VC or 4"?

Don't remember if it was said or not.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

3" VC or 4"?

Don't remember if it was said or not.

We didn't talk about it in this thread but it was talked about in the other thread - it is a 3" coil.

I am testing an interesting cooling method in this motor that seems to be working wonderfully. The coil is showing no signs of thermal stress at this point.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

We didn't talk about it in this thread but it was talked about in the other thread - it is a 3" coil.

I am testing an interesting cooling method in this motor that seems to be working wonderfully. The coil is showing no signs of thermal stress at this point.

Is the cooling that you're using on this woofer the same or similar to the cooling on my Nightshade 12's?

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck