stratusrt01 Posted January 6, 2007 Report Posted January 6, 2007 A guy that lives down the street from me asked me to build him a simple sealed box for a pair of 12's, so I knocked one out real quick this morning. He came by to pick it up, so I was going to help him hook everything up. I got the pair of raggedy, 3/8" thick paneling boxes out, and what was laying behind them? A poor old G1 Orion 225HCCA with bare wires exposed everywhere, waiting for a fire. Hooked up in stereo, 4 ohms per channel. What a waste. The subs that were in there were mismatched, one Lightning Audio 12, and one no name 12. I almost cried right there. I asked the guy how much he paid for the amp, and he said $20, so I offered him $50 for it on the spot. He said he'd have to ask his brother, since it belonged to him. I just can't stand to see the abuse of great old school equipment. If I get that one, I'll put it under the bed with my other original 225HCCA and use them as a pair in an install down the road.
AI James Posted January 6, 2007 Report Posted January 6, 2007 it sux but i see it all the time. theres a local guy running a kicker comp, pioneer impp, and bazooka p miller sub on a linear power old school looking amp.
WCA Rusty Posted January 7, 2007 Report Posted January 7, 2007 i love old school orion hcca stuff, as much as some old sound steam 10.0s DC AUDIO Phone Number 1(855)SPL-DBZZ Built by Competitors, for Competitors.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.