Wanted: 40 To 50k Sq Ft Indoor Location In Sacramento

sactownstang

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sacramento a good place for 09 finals on the West Coast

• yes
    • no

You mean 10+ years ago before the shooting that ended the shows there? I used to love the "LA" lowrider supershow. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

Yeah that has to be the biggest car show I have ever been to they had cars inside the building everywhere outside the building out on the field they had the stage for concerts and the hopping contest pretty amazing even if your not into lowriders to see all the artwork and craftsmanship that they put into the cars. Man thats been a long time ago bringing back some memories. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

Yup I know who they are also Brian, Brandon, Alpine, Joey, Kimo, Gregg, Dre, Jeff B, Ronnie D, Jack, Glenn Q, Bill and Melissa, newbie James, Jackie Chan, Louies Electronics crew, Christian, colt 45. Thats just off the top my head. All them and more will be there if it was in Sac!

WAYNE WOULD NOT BE CALLING PEOPLE TRYING TO CONVENCE THEM TO COME!

Do it BIG! Do It In Sac In 09!

You want to bring the sport back. Then bring out what the people want. A show. Make it worth while to get out and check you out.

And the new comers? Please. these kids these days will quit at the first loss because it's too hard, and they can't win every time. And that bullshit starts with loser parents. Look at Tee ball, everyone gets an up and there are no outs and no one keeps score. Breeding a new world of pussies.

/Rant

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

these kids these days will quit at the first loss because it's too hard, and they can't win every time.

/Rant

They need to start just from the beginning just like we did. Bassrace was new in 2006, when i first learned about it, I practive a bunch and got better from there. If you are not willing to take your losses with a smile this is not the sport for you.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

They need to start just from the beginning just like we did. Bassrace was new in 2006, when i first learned about it, I practive a bunch and got better from there. If you are not willing to take your losses with a smile this is not the sport for you.

bassrace was at finals in cleveland in 2005, btw. what does it say when a majority of folks can't take their loss with a smile?

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.

Do it BIG! Do It In Sac In 09!

Sac FTMFW!!!

Rollerz Only - Sacramento Chapter. 6 Time Lowrider Magazine club of the year

94 Xploder on 22s - Gutted for now...

87 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on hydros, fully euroed out Tookie blue

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*

Crankin the volume knob and hittin switches.

http://www.rollerzonly.com

I think the only way to get DB Drag, or just car audio sound offs back in the mainstream would be a tv show

Not like Unique Whips, which show about total car add ons for rich people, but a show that can show how the everyday average consumer can

Check this out, a TV show about 3 stereo shops-

1) They all have their own car club, and compete against each other

2) no actors, or sports stars

3) keep the shit real

I watch American Chopper and I want a damn chopper badly! more than when I see one driving down the street

when I see PINKs, I want to build a fast 1/4 mile car

When I see Unique Whips, I want a nice flipped out car But that show isnt realistic, neither is Pimp my Ride- not realistic shows

I would be willing to bet, have a tv show with some struggling teams competing against eachother, it would get alot of acknoledgement, and revamp the sport

to bad we dont have anyone here that has a hook up with public access channels, or anything like that ;-)

So, any word on the venue yet?

if in Sac, Iam goin

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

^^^^^^tv coverage, vegas, and "i want finals close to me or i'm not going" are barking up 10 year old trees that is reposted every year around finals time.

Griz

Member # 437

posted 10-08-1999 07:53 AM

I think the only way this sport would ever hit TV is if it went to nothing but stock interiors with nice installs. Only then would we have something to offer the public to watch. The way things are now, people would see the vehicles and go,"Wow... alot of these cars are pieces of crap and why is there wood all over the interior? This is stupid." We would really need to clean it up if we ever want to be on the tube. The Griz has spoken.

------------------

Brian Obara

Metro Audio Dynamics

Omaha, NE

Can you smellellellellell what the Griz is cookin'???

Smell this. A competition where vehicles have a loud system and all of them are required to retain a stock interior from the door jam up. Imagine that... realistic vehicles... realistic scores.

No more MDF transports!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

SPLMAX -- Sam

Member # 349

posted 10-08-1999 03:25 AM

We have seen a 30 minute segment that was shot at the Toronto Thunderdome show last year. The post production was awesome. It covered ***** and dB Drag. It was nicely formatted and had special effects.

I believe the the program was going to be a monthly series on TNN. think it was scrapped because they could not get enough sponsorship money.

2 YEARS ago - Century 2000 (Akron OH based monster of car audio retail) had 3 1/2 segments on cable TV. They ran db drag and vendors paid for the tv spots.

I have both copies of the tape. What made the first one interesting was that it had great post production. The second one was great was the crowd reaction to the program.

------------------

http://www.equalizer-audio.com

Carl, Jim, Sam

Art, Danny, Tj, Romeana, Dane

Aaron, Zoltan, Rob, Marv

Topic: when will Ripley's be airing?

BALLS

Member # 2570

posted 11-26-2000 08:37 PM

I have been wondering when the show will air because i am interested in what kind of coverage the USAC finals got. I am wondering if it got shots of other vehicles in demo booths and if it got shots of other vehicles competeing? Just wondering. Take it easy and remember, one who stands on toilet gets high on pot. Have a nice day

------------------

alma gates

Member # 425

posted 11-28-2000 03:41 PM

The agreement I signed stated it would be aired on or before April 2001. I just got back from the finals in Brazil and have not talked to anyone there since last Tuesday.

I know its suppose to be a human interest article on mother/son/communication thing. But, who knows what it will be about. They were all over the place filming and I have no idea what they will put in the film - they did interview Ralph, Patrick, Scott, myself, and not sure who else. They seem to be really pleased with the filming - especially the hair and exploding balloons. Whatever they do, it will be good exposure for the industry in general because more people will be aware of what we all do in this very expensive hobby of ours.

------------------

Alma Gates

Archived