Alright, now I have a question. Should I go as far to run four 1/0 wires through the firewall? I would assume regardless it would bottleneck at the alt since I can't get any more wires on it, but at least from the front batteries?

And I'm thinking about just using steel instead of wires to parallel the four batteries in my back foot wells. It would save wire and terminals, and I've seen it done on some world competitors' vehicles.. Does anyone see a con to that idea?

And one more haha. If you have any nifty ideas of things you might like to see, let me know! I have access to almost everything I need for fun beautification!

I'll have more pics soon. I'm gonna work on fiberglassing my monitor to my rear view mirror (w/ pics) since my bats haven't shown up.

Neo, Automatic PTs have a "clutch" blockoff plate in the firewall, you can remove it and run 2 1/0 wires through it with a big grommet. Not sure you could get 4 wires through it, though.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

looks great man, I love the new design on the Mojos

Cant wait to see some vids

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Neo, Automatic PTs have a "clutch" blockoff plate in the firewall, you can remove it and run 2 1/0 wires through it with a big grommet. Not sure you could get 4 wires through it, though.

Alright then. I guess I'll just stick with the one then unless I run into issues. Thanks!

Plus these Monster wires are as thick as a quarter. I just bought some twenty dollar cutters to bite through them haha

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Alright, I'm back to work on it! I'm hoping to have it all powered on today! I'm hooking up my batteries with that steel piece and doing a final check on the wires. My buddy needed one of my bats since his was dead, but I'm hooking up anyways. Five bats should run low freqs sufficiently.

I'm gonna wait to tune it until I'm at work and can use a Fluke. For now I'll just run the amps at quarter to half gain and I'll judge decent power with my bass knob.

I'll have a video of the first test! Stay tuned...

[email protected]

Ok, so here's the deal. It's all hooked up and run all pretty, I hate 1/0 wire, and it seems there's a small problem with something somewhere haha.

Seems like there's always a little bug hiding that ruins your hard work. The subs pop VERY LOUD when I turn on the car. But then they run fine until I turn the volume up and they scream. But I think that's normal for MOJOs. (As in they lose the "musical" aspect of the sound and just scream)

Also, the car is NOT ready for this kind of power. I turned it up for maybe a second and I dropped to 10.1V and lost power to the system. But it was expected. It actually didn't surprise me.

Here are the pics of the wiring.

Posted Image

Cut, sanded, primed, and painted my battery bars.

Posted Image

Put the bats in

Posted Image

Mounted a grounding bar in the back.

Posted Image

Installed the bars...

Posted Image

Hooked up the grounds...

Posted Image

Hooked up the power.

Posted Image

Wiring is completed.

Posted Image

And it's alive!

That's all I got for now. I'm gonna do some recon tomorrow to figure out the small issues with the popping and maybe talk to Dom about that custom alt. Until then...

[email protected]

WOW!!!!! way to come oh here packing one hell of a punch!!!!

lookin amazing!!! can wait to see some numbers!!! fuckin aye right bro!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Good news and bad news!

The bad news is:

-Two of the amps are bad (being sent out for repair)

-Even with 8000 watts my car drains almost instantly. (I didn't test with all of them)

-I've come to the conclusion to rip it all out.

-16000W is too much for a PT Cruiser haha

The GOOD news!

-Amps blowing is not my fault! They were defects. So I'm not stupid woohoo!

-Dom's building me a custom 300A alt

-I'm selling the Yellow Tops and buying HC2400s from Kinetik

-I have a new ridiculous idea... 24 10" Power References on 8000 Watts.

What do you guys think? I'll just continue this build through the winter and it will be a bit slower.

I'm not sure if I should glass it all or if I should do some different box designs I have in my head.. I just don't have the heart to give up the ground pounder. I love music and the PRs are incredible subs. They take a friggin beating and they have that lifetime warranty I love so much.

[email protected]

And another thing, sorry I take a while to get back on here. I work at a crude oil pipeline and they've been working my ass off so I never have a chance to get on. I'm actually here now too.

Hooray for 12 hour shifts! :D

[email protected]

Archived