Sonic Electronix

Memphis Mojo 4k Help Needed!

Well, I bought a Memphis 4k from a member on another forum at the beginning of the year (Will keep him anonymous for the time being) and it is having major issues. At high volume it cuts off and will not turn back on until the car is shut off and then turned back on. the gain is not even up 1/8th of the way. Never dip any lower that 13.8 volts. This only happens at high volume. I don't know what to do. As stated this was installed today for the fist time since I received the amp. Its been along time since I bought it so what should I do? I just don't get why this would be happening? If anyone has experience with this amp or has any suggestions or questions please chime in. This is so upsetting to say the least.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What kind of radio? and what are the subs wired to?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

x2 those are only 1ohm stable and they need a inline fuse of around 250-300amp so it dont fuk somethin up really bad, and make sure it stays cool cause they tend to get hot, my buddy had one hooked to 2 mtx9500 15's but he said it needed a fan cause it got hot as shit and cut off, ied get a stinger cross flow fan to blow across it, thats what he did

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I know a lot of people running these amps.. one guy has 2 mojo 4ks and about 6 batteries pushing the amp.

Another guy has 4 mojo 4kws, and about 16 16 volt batteries backing the amps, and he also has 12 mojo 4kws in his van with 30+ 16 volt batteries backing the amp

The amps are massive current hogs!!

Your capacitor is hurting the amp more so then helping, I see you have 3 batteries in the trunk, but for real that cap could be causing the damage!

Amp seems to be fine, Im guessing that you still maybe running out of power for the amps. They create tons of power, esp when you load them down, but even then sometimes you have to roll the volume up because they will go into protect.

I know a lot of people running these amps.. one guy has 2 mojo 4ks and about 6 batteries pushing the amp.

Another guy has 4 mojo 4kws, and about 16 16 volt batteries backing the amps, and he also has 12 mojo 4kws in his van with 30+ 16 volt batteries backing the amp

The amps are massive current hogs!!

Your capacitor is hurting the amp more so then helping, I see you have 3 batteries in the trunk, but for real that cap could be causing the damage!

Amp seems to be fine, Im guessing that you still maybe running out of power for the amps. They create tons of power, esp when you load them down, but even then sometimes you have to roll the volume up because they will go into protect.

Cap is only for digital read out and is only hooked to the 4 channel. I never drop lower than upper mid 13v's

I dunno, send it in for repairs or get it looked at. most places have free quotes.

It maybe a bad driver board. but its really hard to say. There could be a blown capacitor or two inside too. Which are hard to notice sometimes they crack the tops completly open or sometimes they just round the top out so it looks like a dome instead of a flat surface.

Im going to assume that all the power and output mosfets are good, because if one was bad the amp would either kick protect or work, but blow up more.

A bad driver board or caps will allow the amp to still work, but no where near full potential.

But keep in mind these amps are current hogs, and the stereos I listed above are just competition stereos that dont do the regualar daily driving beating. Beating your stereo for longer periods of times will need more or bigger batteries. Something with a higher ah rating.

Cap is only for digital read out and is only hooked to the 4 channel. I never drop lower than upper mid 13v's

Are you sure that it is accurate? I would test the power and ground leads going into the amp with a DMM.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

This is what I have as far as my entire setup and electrical

Headunit~Pioneer DEH-P860MP

Front Stage~Soundstream Van Gogh 5.2 Comps

Rear Fill~ Soundstream Picasso 5.2 Coax

Front/Rear Fill Amp~Soundstream Edge 4220

Subs~2 Ascendant Audio Mayhem 18's Walled

Sub Amp~Memphis Audio 16 MCD Mojo 4kw

Wire~0Gauge Stinger/big3

Alt~Ohio Gen. 200amp HO

Batteries~Yellow Top Under Hood 2 Kinetik 2400's and one 2000hc in the trunk..

Archived