Second Skin Audio

Does Anyone Have Comments On Digital Design Subs

I borowed a set of 9500g and beat them pretty good. They are solid performers. I would recommend them but I don't think I would buy them ($$). There is a lot of subs that are atleast as good around cheaper. I was told they were around 550 for the 9500g (maybee someone was bs?)

lol not if you get them from me locally (DD Dealer) 3500 is ~500

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I seen the new 3500s and the 9500s at Gatley Audio, Chris was showing me them, and I was really impressed with the build, and design

very strong subs

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

yeah they all had the 8" carbon caps

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

essh those caps are way to big. i can see them on the 18s but we got the 8" cap on a 15 to check it out and i didnt like it

Edited by emperorjj1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Same issue here I have been hearing mix things about DD's. Currently I am searching for a new woofer and I want something that is SQL, I don't know how correct DD's site is. But for the DD9500g's it says 'The 9500 'g' Series might be the ultimate woofer, hand assembled to the tightest tolerances in order to reproduce music as exact as possible, at whatever volume level you desire. ' All I want to know is if it can actually reproduce music as exact as possible with clarity.

Theres a lot of DD haters out there.

Depends on who you ask, you will get mixed reviews from them. I love mine, as so do a lot of people that run them. They are a great sub, and can sound just as good as any other woofer if you do your install correct. People who say they dont like them most likely never even ran them let alone can afford them.

But as always install is 7/10 of the sound quality you hear, the other 3/10s id have to say is the amp. Even Steve Meade has installed them and said they are great subs, and thats one of the unbiased opionions you can get!!

I seen the new 3500s and the 9500s at Gatley Audio, Chris was showing me them, and I was really impressed with the build, and design

very strong subs

Got any pics?!?

essh those caps are way to big. i can see them on the 18s but we got the 8" cap on a 15 to check it out and i didnt like it

I love the 8 inch caps!! I run them on my 18s, they kinda make the 18s look like 15s cuz the cap is so big tho!

Id love to see a 8 inch dustcap on a 10 or a 12, that be looking weird!

I got 2 cf 6 inch caps laying around my place too. Dont pay to throw them out, because if you ever need one, DD is gonna charge you $50+ for it. LOL

best subs Ive ever owned...... nothing compares to them all round

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio