Second Skin Audio

Does Anyone Have Comments On Digital Design Subs

What expierence do you have with them? I have been a huge fan of DD since I first got into car audio never had problems with them they are a great product last long and can take alot of abuse and sound good if your not an idiot

no expierence at all. got to see 2-18" subs in an suv hit a 160 at a sound off at cartoys in tulsa OK. the subs were hittin. I have 4- 18" treo ssi, and was thinking of trying them out

Bulletproof, loud as all hell, take 3-4x rated power if you're careful.

Sound damn good in the right box.

IMHO everything except 90xx and 99xx don't like the low-low-lows so much as other subs but the high bass is just crazy.

All that said, get 95's (or upwards) or nothing at all. Don't buy below the 35's as they're very hard to get parts for if you somehow kill one (usually unloading it until the cone/spider joint explodes)

Run better in a smallish box with lots of port area. Also need lots and lots of power... my 9515 laughs at 1500w and doesn't really come alive until maybe 2500w+ but as you increase power they just get louder and louder, I'm yet to see mine 'run out of steam'... maybe when I get 8kw on it... last paragraph applies mostly to 95 series subs mind you :o

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

no personal experience with owning them but know a lot of people that run them...there tanks...lots of power to get them moving but they will eat it up ALL DAY LONG. in the proper box they can be loud and sound good at the same time...wow how coincidental that goes for about ANY SUB :coughwenndu:

Edited by Chode69
NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I love them my first experience with them was with alan thompson and his sierra when he had it. he was showing me the box and he reached back and just punched the cones like three or four times. And they barely moved. Then he turned it on and I was sold. They are extremely loud. through a very wide spectrum. you will hear people say they dont play low but they do and with authority. I went from two XXX 15s to two 9515s and the DDs were louder by almost two dbs on drop in. They are absolutely brutal and are great daily driving subs. They do not sound like shit. They wont win an SQ comp but they will do just fine for music.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

no expierence at all. got to see 2-18" subs in an suv hit a 160 at a sound off at cartoys in tulsa OK. the subs were hittin. I have 4- 18" treo ssi, and was thinking of trying them out

That wasnt directed towards you DD are very good subs can take alot of power and in the right box sound really good imo