Sonic Electronix

Ma Audio Hk4000d Remote Current Draw

Ok guys i know you remember the topic about the hk4000d turnon current draw. Well I knew that someone was full of shit so I took it upon myself to email tech support and see what they had to say about it. here is the reply:

The turn on lead will use less than 1 amp!

The amp draw for the amplifier is up to 240 - 260 amps so we recommend using a 300 amp inline fuse at the battery.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 8:21 PM

To: Eyad Aboabdo; Dan Tech Support

Subject: Ask a Question

SourceURL = http://www.maaudio.com/category.jhtm?cid=8

first name =

last name =

email =

Zip = 12550

Country = united states

Product = MA audio hk4000d

Question = Just wondering about the current draw from this amplifier. specifically the current needed to turn it on by way of the remote lead. I had heard from a source it required 40 amps of current to just turn on. This seems extremely high to me and did not seem right. thank you for your time

Man doesnt that sound better. I guess if you had forty of them it might take 40 amps.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yeah I know this will get locked i just wanted the proof to be out there that the guy had no clue. Alot of misinformation gets thrown out there and it sucks to think that someone who is just getting into our hobby could be steered wrong by someone that they think knows what the hell they are talking about. its bad mojo on all of us. And you know the most popular kind of amp "modding" is very simple. usually removing the protection circuit or something very similar. not replacing power supplies or caps or fets etc etc etc.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

yeah I know this will get locked i just wanted the proof to be out there that the guy had no clue. Alot of misinformation gets thrown out there and it sucks to think that someone who is just getting into our hobby could be steered wrong by someone that they think knows what the hell they are talking about. its bad mojo on all of us. And you know the most popular kind of amp "modding" is very simple. usually removing the protection circuit or something very similar. not replacing power supplies or caps or fets etc etc etc.

i think all you do when you mod the hk is remove a couple resistors :crazy:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Guest Powered By Hate

is that crying i hear...? are you crying? :cray: awww... cry away. :cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray:

when my build gets to that point i'll post it and you will see. til then dry your eyes.. please.

is that crying i hear...? are you crying? :cray: awww... cry away. :cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray::cray:

when my build gets to that point i'll post it and you will see. til then dry your eyes.. please.

crying no jr its not its just making sure everyone is aware that you are a fucking idiot.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Guest Powered By Hate
crying no jr its not its just making sure everyone is aware that you are a fucking idiot.

Be nice. I might be wrong but I doupt it.. and even if I was that wouldnt change anything. I think everyone was aware of that when I mixed concrete in my car..

Be nice. I might be wrong but I doupt it.. and even if I was that wouldnt change anything. I think everyone was aware of that when I mixed concrete in my car..
dude ur a flat out liar! plain and simple

post-20035-1223593131.gif

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2