Sonic Electronix

well i am thinking of getting a JVC hu now, i talked to a buddy of mine and he strongly recommed one for its friendly user capabilitys and the quality of it. I played on his for a few and liked it, it was pretty user freindly.

Texas Bass Production puts a mic on ur passenger side floor board. thats the only actual bass off i have seen. i dont know what all the different shows or anything are.

also i was told since my subs are Dual 2ohm i could run the amp at 1ohm=2000w

i can sware by Soundstream amps. i have seen the PCA2000D run at .5ohm and it was the loudest xA i have ever sat in.

well i am thinking of getting a JVC hu now, i talked to a buddy of mine and he strongly recommed one for its friendly user capabilitys and the quality of it. I played on his for a few and liked it, it was pretty user freindly.

Texas Bass Production puts a mic on ur passenger side floor board. thats the only actual bass off i have seen. i dont know what all the different shows or anything are.

also i was told since my subs are Dual 2ohm i could run the amp at 1ohm=2000w No Dual 2ohm subs means you have four 2ohm voicecoils which wire into either .5ohm or 2ohm

i can sware by Soundstream amps. i have seen the PCA2000D run at .5ohm and it was the loudest xA i have ever sat in. I wouldn't run that amp a .5ohm...

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

also i was told since my subs are Dual 2ohm i could run the amp at 1ohm=2000w

i can sware by Soundstream amps. i have seen the PCA2000D run at .5ohm and it was the loudest xA i have ever sat in.

The only way you can run an amp at 1 ohm with a dual 2 ohm sub is if you only run 1 sub. You can wire the coils in parallel to get a 1ohm load, but if you were to wire two subs that way you would get .5ohms. Also if you were to wire the coils in series you would have each sub at 4ohms and then paralled they would be at 2 ohms.

So your options with dual 2 ohm subs are running the amp at .5ohms or 2ohms.

Like I said though if you're measuring in the kick a 145 isn't going to be that hard to get out of two of those 10's. I told you I do 149's all day long in the kick of my car with 2 Sundown Nightshade 12's off of a Crunch Groundpounder Pro 3000D that is only putting out 1900 watts to the pair of the subs. If you're trying to do 145's on the dash that's going to be a bit harder. My score drops from a 149.4 in the kick to a 148.1 consistantly on the dash.

If you were to get an amp that puts out max power at 2 ohms or even one that will play at .5 ohms you will get a 145 no problem with those subs. What was the scion that you heard running in it, and what kind of numbers did they see out of it?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

What was the scion that you heard running in it, and what kind of numbers did they see out of it?

he has a 06 Scion xA just like me

well he hit a 159db with (2) kicker 12" L7s and a zx2500.1

he has had many many systems and he is actually the one who told me to run the amp at .5ohm w/ a good amount of voltage on it.

he has also had (3x) 10" Soundstream Reference Series on a PCA2000D at one point and that was head hurting.

Edited by Skitzo_xa

he has a 06 Scion xA just like me

well he hit a 159db with (2) kicker 12" L7s and a zx2500.1

he has had many many systems and he is actually the one who told me to run the amp at .5ohm w/ a good amount of voltage on it.

he has also had (3x) 10" Soundstream Reference Series on a PCA2000D at one point and that was head hurting.

Dude I'm not trying to be an ass, but a 159 with 2 L7 12's and a ZX2500.1 is damn near fucking impossible. I'm sure anyone here will agree that is an outrageous number even in the kick of a car. I'll leave this one right here cause I'm sure if you keep swearing that is a real score you're gonna get flamed by more people than just me.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Dude I'm not trying to be an ass, but a 159 with 2 L7 12's and a ZX2500.1 is damn near fucking impossible. I'm sure anyone here will agree that is an outrageous number even in the kick of a car. I'll leave this one right here cause I'm sure if you keep swearing that is a real score you're gonna get flamed by more people than just me.

LOL prolly one of those wal-mart $10 stick mics :rolleyes:

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

does this sound right.... 400w tC RF P2s (2x) 10"s..... 154db cz i was standing by that car tonight. Scion is probly the most stable cars out on the road as far as making numbers happen. and u can burn me as must as you want for that comment. i may not know how to wire but i know Scion very well.

Edited by Skitzo_xa

does this sound right.... 400w tC RF P2s (2x) 10"s..... 154db cz i was standing by that car tonight. Scion is probly the most stable cars out on the road as far as making numbers happen. and u can burn me as must as you want for that comment. i may not know how to wire but i know Scion very well.

Damn! What kind of meter are you guys using? Get a TL.

Derp.