67 Mustang Restoration Build

looks great man, Iam working on my step daughters 65' but it will be no where as trick, or nice as that one there will be

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

What kind of welder is that? You got alot of work to do! Don't forget the pics.

Its a clarke 130en, 130 amp. I was going to go for something more powerful, but I found this one for $300 on clearance and decided to jump on it. Seems pretty good so far. Yea, it is quite a bit of work still to be done. As far as getting it back into one piece, realistically it probably isn't as bad as it seems... Ive already gotton most of it sandblasted etc, and generally the metal is in good shape.

looks great man, Iam working on my step daughters 65' but it will be no where as trick, or nice as that one there will be

thanks. yea, that '65 is definitely a lot closer to being done that mine is though.

No its not the greatest thing ever unfortunately... but yea. Ive got a little handheld sandblaster... not too bad. But it must be done, so I did it/am still doing it.

Its a clarke 130en, 130 amp. I was going to go for something more powerful, but I found this one for $300 on clearance and decided to jump on it. Seems pretty good so far. Yea, it is quite a bit of work still to be done. As far as getting it back into one piece, realistically it probably isn't as bad as it seems... Ive already gotton most of it sandblasted etc, and generally the metal is in good shape.

thanks. yea, that '65 is definitely a lot closer to being done that mine is though.

Did you get that welder at TSC or farm store

Did you get that welder at TSC or farm store

I got it at a store called orchlyns, which is a farm store if you happen to not have heard of it.

how much wuz your becouse the one i used to work on my boss told me it was 27,000 dollars and it was only for bumpers and little shit like that

I have done most of it with a 30 lb handheld blaster, which was also my neighbors. You can pick one of those up for around $50 off ebay if I remember correctly. The one I am using now is just the gun thing with a siphon tube that you shove into a bag of sand or whatever. It was just $20. Nothing industrial like the one you were using for sure.

Unfortunately I didn't get anything done today on it even though I had the perfect day to do stuff... all of my time was wrapped around replacing the fuel filter in the probe. POS is hard to get to... atleast the bottom of it.

Damn man, you make me feel a lot better about my 65. I thought my stang had bad rust!!

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

If mine has more rust than yours does, then you must be in pretty good shape. Im sure you have seen those where people have practically replaced every pannel because of rust before...

Archived