Second Skin Audio

Ported And Sealed Box? Vid Up Now***

I have 2 12" JVC DVC 4 350rms each and i have one in a ported box and one in a sealed box. Would this in the future hurt the subs in any way. The reason why i went for this setup is i like to listen to rock and bassy songs and i like the way they sound. The boxes are both the same brand and size, one just has a port and one doesn't. They dont sound any different to 2 sealed boxes or ported of the same brand.

Edited by jazza02

australia03junehl4.gifCURRENT SET UP

Factory HeadunitGladen dual splits

Audio helon 4ch amp

Audio Helon 9kwrms monoBlock

2 15" Custom built Pap subs rated at 3kwrms each

it shouldent really.unless the subs need the ported box then yeah the on in the sealed will blow but i doubt it.by the way how does taht sound?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

it shouldent really.unless the subs need the ported box then yeah the on in the sealed will blow but i doubt it.by the way how does taht sound?

It sounds realy great in both types of music. No dely with beats or anything. The brand of the boxes are (Qmax).

Audio helon 4ch amp

It sounds realy great in both types of music. No dely with beats or anything. The brand of the boxes are (Qmax).

hmm that's sumthing new huh?some sound of sq with a lil of SPL hmm you may be on to something.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

hmm that's sumthing new huh?some sound of sq with a lil of SPL hmm you may be on to something.

I can get a video of them 2morrow if you want?

Audio helon 4ch amp

hey why not show of how both worlds collide!

Heres a short vid

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hNwRtFTEGck

sorry about the quality as carmera is old and sounds like crap but the subs sound a whole lot better in real life. I only had the volume half as neighbours complain alot. (bithces)

and dont pay any attenion to the wires behind the box there only like that due to there rust in the spare wheel well and im getting in fixed soon.

Audio helon 4ch amp

Hey Jazza, and others, check this out....

I was on a very interesting website a while back, and here's what I found >

8.If your not interested in a killing people decibel level, and are more interested in awesome sound quality you can put the woofers in different size boxes. So for example say you have 4 cubic feet in total and 2 woofers, instead of putting each in a 2 cubic foot box, make one side 1 cubic foot and the other in a 3 cubic foot box, this will make the 1st woofer will better play the high pitched bass from 60 to 200 hertz, the other will better play the superdeep 20 to 50 hertz bass. This will happen automatically without any additional equalizers, crossovers or filters from your amplifiers. Your total db level will go down, but your sound quality will go way up. Even better would be to port tune the 2nd larger box from 18 to 26 hertz for that vibration bass. In general you can make 1 side from 2 times bigger or 3 times bigger than the other. So for example say you have X cubic feet in total, then the small side is X divided by 4 = (X/4) cubic feet, then the rest of the box is for the other woofer.

......so then, I posted this on another car audio website site (which I have since deleted the link in my favorites for) and they all acted like that website was totally lame.... this idea was totally lame.... and their 15 year old punk asses knew more... what ev.

Anyway, it makes all the sense in the world to me, to have one ported, and one sealed..... or at least one in a larger enclosure, and one smaller (for an SQ setup that is). In fact, I had even been considering trying this myself....

Oh, if your interested in checking out the rest of that website, here's a link; http://www.makeitlouder.com/carstereo.html

Peace,

Fish

Heres a short vid

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hNwRtFTEGck

sorry about the quality as carmera is old and sounds like crap but the subs sound a whole lot better in real life. I only had the volume half as neighbours complain alot. (bithces)

and dont pay any attenion to the wires behind the box there only like that due to there rust in the spare wheel well and im getting in fixed soon.