Second Skin Audio

How Good Are The Alpine Type R?

DUBIE

I got mine originally used from a good friend of mine. After two years of very hard pounding , I had one finally give out, and I found a really good deal on ebay, 2- 12s for about 200 bucks NIB... Since I had already built a new box, I decided to keep running them for a little longer, so I now have two new ones back there, and I can honestly say, powered off a stock charging system and a alpine 1000 watt amp that is also a few years old now, Mine do VERY well and I like the way they sound. I have not had the privilege of hearing a good set of DC subs or a set of Fi subs yet, but for the money, and with the right box, you cant beat these type-R subs. Mine get plenty low and and can keep up without muddying up the bass lines in the music. They are fairly well built, and certainly time tested in their design, although that may very well be one of the low points about them. Alpine has made a few improvements here and there with them, but they are no where near overly built like some other subs are these days. The technology in them in is starting to get a little dated, but it works well. You get what you pay for, and if you know how to use them without damaging them or blowing them from clipping them with a overpowered , distorted signal, you will get really good results out of a pair of them.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Alpine type Rs and the Kicker Comp vrs are my favorite budget woofers I recommend when they want some beat and dont want to spend too much money.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

agreed but the cvr can be had cheaper.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you must listen to a bunch of shitty installs if you honestly believe that.....

if you listen to music with alot of lows you want to go ported tuned low 30-33hz

whats so shitty about any installs?..thats the way i think...i never heard a ported box in a car before...thats why...so i just go with sealed...on SUV's of course you wanna go ported if you want lows..but ok bro im just asking for how good the TYPE R's are....

whats so shitty about any installs?..thats the way i think...i never heard a ported box in a car before...thats why...so i just go with sealed...on SUV's of course you wanna go ported if you want lows..but ok bro im just asking for how good the TYPE R's are....

if you are after more lows you go with a ported box tuned low....it doesnt matter what kind of vehicle its going in

if you want faster transient response you go with a sealed box (rock/metal)

if you want a lil more oomph with the faster response you go with a ported box tuned high (45hz or so)

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

which subs are better RF P1 or the ALPINE TYPE R's?

The Type-R is def. better, you're getting about 300 more watts power handling to the Type-R. But it's all in the money too, the P1 is cheaper than the Type-R. I think the P3 is more in the class of the Type-R (both 500 watts RMS).

I just gave my friend a 15 RF P1 in a sealed box, and let me tell you, with only 200 watts running to it, it sounded pretty good. It wasn't too loud, but the bass hit nice and low. We also had the Epicenter running through it, but it still handled it well. I was both surprised and impressed.

The Type-R is a great sub. I had 2 off of 1200 watts and it hit nicely with decent SPL. It sounded clean as well. And my dual box was ported to 35 hz, with 2 individual chambers. This was all in my trunk, so you don't need an SUV for something like that.

Sealed boxes tend to hit all of the bass notes more accurately, while ported boxes hit the notes the box is tuned at louder (correct me if I'm wrong). The Type-R is great with a ported box, never heard it in a sealed box.

It's a great sub for the money, but still remember that you get what you pay for.

Bass head from Hawaii 808 STATE

Bass is Maika`i loa.

Archived