My Dream Computer! (lots Of Pix)

wish i still had the money to be into oc'n :(

You dont need money to overclock your rig bro!

Just as long as its not a prebuilt pc (dell, compaq, hp, gateway, etc) you can overclock it.

You may need to flash your mobo bios, but like i said its free to oc :)

Just make sure you monitor your temps for a while to make sure you dont run your processor to hot while under a full load.

I oced on my stock pc for a long time, and just recently bought a new cpu cooler a few months back.

Mr. Meade it would help if by posting the rest of your rigs specs. Certain motherboards are iffy w/ oc'n. From experience, you may need to up NB voltage here and there, and make sure your ram is on the proper settings. A lot of computer companies don't even care, they just pop their stuff in and don't put it on it's optimal settings. Even some custom manufactures. You can easily hit 3.2ish on stock voltage with that processor. An flash your bios to the latest one.

For instance I was reading a review on a HP Blackbird, and they realized that hp left it at auto detect settings, while it had better optimal timings. XMP, etc.

777319156.png

how do you do that? do i need to up the voltage in other spots or something? My Quad core 6700 2.66 only likes to go just about 3.4 before it becomes unstable, and that is ON WATER. Maybe my o/clocking skillz are teh weak :D

I haven't done much in the way of overclocking, and I cannot mess around with my Q6600, as I have a HP board.

Yeah you can give it more voltage, small increments and watch you temps, but if you give it too much voltage, it will be easy to fry it.

At least you can afford water cooling. At the time when I used my computer for gaming mainly I couldn't afford water cooling or a new motherboard so I can overclock. Now I can afford water, but its too much maintanace IMO for a daily used pc, I rarely game on my pc.. so car audio>computer right now.

You should be able to do better than 3.4, especially on water. Is it a 6700 Extreme (I can't remember if they came in the Extreme edition, its been a while)

Water cooling is not necessary, until you go like north of 3.6 - 4.0ghz on a proc. Any nice zalman or tuniq cooler will suffice, it is very easy for one to get a healthy 3.4ish OC on that proc, with air cooling. Your temps may not be the best, but they will be in a safe range, it may get up to 40-45C. But then just keep the PWM at 100 percent.

777319156.png

how do you do that? do i need to up the voltage in other spots or something? My Quad core 6700 2.66 only likes to go just about 3.4 before it becomes unstable, and that is ON WATER. Maybe my o/clocking skillz are teh weak :D

hey steve if your serious pm me with what mobo,memory and speeds your running and I can help you get to at least 3.8 stable

In under an hour I got my old q6700 stable to 3.8.

here is a run I made with it a long time ago before I sold it.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=6868690

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=136982

btw nice pc op, need to clean up the wiring though ;) and the e8600 can get to 5ghz without to much hassle with a skilled overclocker.. I got my old e8400 to 4.6 no problems.

Edited by iggster1986

Hey deuce 22, how do those G51 5.1 speakers sound?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Pretty good actually. Wish i would have gotten the Z-5500 tho.

a-freakin-men. my friend has em and they sound amazing through the fibre optic input. i should be gettin a set for christmas.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I think that is complete BS.

Over here you stated that you have a...

QUOTE (Duece22 @ Jun 5 2008, 01:12 AM) *

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 3.2GHz

1000 Watt Power Supply

Dual 1GB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2

4g DDR3 Ram

NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI Motherboard

1TB 7,200RPM Hard drive

26" Samsung Flat Panel Monitor

Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speaker System

Pretty much it.

I game on it mostly.

Games like Age of Conan, Crysis, Call of Duty 4, World of Warcraft.. etc

Seriously if you knew shit about computers, you wouldn't put dual 4870x2's on a e8600. Unless you're a skilled over clocker and get that above 4ghz on air. That's a hell of a bottle neck. Personally I would like more proof. But I may be wrong and that is actually your setup.

you do know the bottleneck wouldn't be noticed unless he were running benchmarks, right?

n00b :01nocomment8so:

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo