Sundown Audio

Craigslist Amp

BigPimpin91

Is that the Com1? I'm not familiar with MA amps.....and if it it someone on this forum is trying to sell one (few pages back)

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I have 2 of them. Currently still in use. They put out their rated power and will run on any power level. I have had mine down to 10ish volts before. I cant seam to kill it. :D Not a bad price either.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

It's an HC 4002. It will do 2-2200 watts at 1 ohm. will do more at lower ohm. It was rated for 4k, but you know how that goes. ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Here ya go.

Stereo Power

• Into 4 Ohms @ 13.8V DC : 2 x 400W

• Into 2 Ohms @ 13.8V DC : 2 x 700W

• Into 1 Ohms @ 13.8V DC : 2 x 1200W

• Into 0.5 Ohms @ 13.8V DC : 2 x 2000W

Mono Power:

• Bridged Into 1 Ohms @ 13.8V DC : 1 x 4000W

In 01 they used the face u see in the Craigslist post. In 02 they switched to the 4 hole top. Same board though.

I have the com 1 which is the 6 channel vereson of that amp. And a shop by my office has one (com1) for around $200.00 bucks.

ampandbodrear.jpg

This is just in the car I had a jbl gt 150 pushing the sub till I got my RE SE Sub

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

I liked those amps, but there was one issue that kept arising with them-

the screws that hold on the handles, and chassis, would vibrate, and rattle lose- if you do buy the amp, get some thread locker as well for every screw that losens up, or falls off

and no the amps we installed were not on the box, just installed the way they were supposed to be installed

but I did like the amps, good sound, power, and clean looking

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.