DC Sound Lab

Yes, Lvl 4s Can Get Loud

Consider this a review of my experience with DC Audio. I have a pair of lvl4 15s w/ lvl5 coils and have been using them as a daily sub while I'm waiting on my NightShades to get rebuilt into 18s. They're in 6ft net tuned to 33hz & powered by a Sundown 3000d for daily and they pound the lows really well. Songs like Jeezy-Put On, Dream-Luv Ur Girl, Grilla Zoe-Hood Nigga, & Three 6 Mafia-Late Night Tip all play low and loud. Yes it even picks up the really low note in Put On just not as loud cause my subsonic filter kicks in.

So this is just a nice daily setup and I since I don't have any extra batteries in my truck right now I've kept my gains set low. They're set just low enough that with my 200a alternator and a single YellowTop under the hood I don't get any voltage drop at full tilt. With that into consideration it hit 146.8db legal sealed on the windshield on a TL.

Now there's a local guy thinking of buying these subs from me and he's going to be powering them with a pair of Sundown 1500s so I swapped in a pair of my 1500s so he could check them out and hear them using the same exact type of power he'll be using. I still don't have any extra batteries but I wasn't so conservative with the gains this time and I bumped the tuning up to 36hz for a lil better #s on the TL. It still plays music very well. Songs like Jeezy-My President and Game-My Life seemed to hit perfect at this tuning. The result was a 149 flat at yesterdays competition with my voltage dropping to 9volts.

I don't count scores I haven't hit or like speculating about what I could have done but I think its safe to say that with my extra batteries in and holding a solid 12.9volts that my score could have been better.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

i agree Derrick. the DC lvl 4 15 w/lvl 5 coils are loud ...... i truly can testify. yeh with a few good batteries and a MLA module i'm sure you might bump up another db or 2.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Did I just read correctly you are dropping to 9v? NINE VOLTS? WOW. I wouldnt even chance my shit if my electrical concisted of a hampster on a wheel dropping to 9v. Surprised your car dont shut off. I knew some guy who bought an amp from me that his car kept shutting off at high 10s.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

I'm guessing that you were running a 1500 per sub? In that case the subs were getting way more power to them since the impedence rise was broken up between two amps instead of one. It's the same situation that I'm having in my car right now. I have a single Crunch 3000D and am doing 148's off of 2 12's and my box rise is to 3.88 ohms. I'm thinking that you were having a similar situation with the two subs off of one amp too. Since each amp was seeing a lower impedence they were more than likely not getting as much rise as the single 3000 and prodcing 2X as much power as the single Sundown. I'm waiting for my two 1500's in my car to see if this is going to put me over 150 the way that I sit now. Good scores either way though. How was the comp?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz