1998 MALIBU BOX. steve please help

at this time i cant do anything regarding the box.  me and my wife were walking out of a motorcycle shop when some old dude jumped the curb and struck us.  no broken bones just some pulled muscles and messed up knees...  I have to wait till this summer to complete my install.  WE WERE HIT BY A TRAILBLAZER...

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

I swear... You cant even just mind your own business anymore without some dumbass ruining your day. That sucks man I wish you and your wife and speedy recovery and im glad it wasnt worse. oh yeah & now you can sue that driver for one of those motorcycles!  :lol:

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

• 1 month later...

I JUST DECIDED ONE NIGHT TO REMOVE THE SPARE TIRE AND BUILD A BOX USING THAT AREA. DAMN IT HITS HARD AND LOW TOO. I NEED TO REINFORICE IT BUT I'LL DO THAT WHEN I GET MY DVC 12" KICKER COMP. PUTTING MY AMP AT 2 OHMS... THE BOX IS ABOUT 2.5 CUBIC FT. DID I MENTION IT HIT LOW. MAKES MY CHEST HURT. ALL I NEED NOW IS A KICKER KX3 AND A KICKER 400.4.

Edited by SOUNDFX

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

I sent Steave a pm, hopefully he will get back to me..I wanted to see exactly what size a hole he opened up in his rear deck. I am still gonna need to keep my Stock rear Speaker locations, but there is a spot in between them that I could cut and open up...I just don't want any of that pesky rattle. I have Fat mat so I would be using it on the deck for sure...If any of you have any pics of Steve's rear Deck opened up..Post it up for me...I want to do this maybe tonight or tommorow...Thanks guys..

• 3 weeks later...

After doing some reasearch I am going to build a Box that will house two kicker 12" svc 4 ohm subs wired in parallel for that 2 ohm load. All I need to do is get off my ass and build some speaker rings and go and get the resin, fiberglass, and frabic. I saw a box bone once that looked like a blob which I thought look cool so i'm going for something simular. If the one sub I have in my car now can be heard about a 1/4 mile away (I kinda live off the main highway in the country), I think two will be killer. Also my brother was bumping is Nissan Crew Cab with a custom built box for two 8" punch which are rear facing and a punch 150 and he could hear me pulling up to him in traffic and with is windows up. I like the way my setup sounds now cause I get almost the same response and feel with the rear seats up as I do with them down. I plan on building my new box in a month or so I have to take care of a couple of things, but I'll post some pictures soon of my current setup..... Dont forget that I built it in a matter of a half hour. It will look cleaner once I add the other puppy....

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

I sent Steave a pm, hopefully he will get back to me..I wanted to see exactly what size a hole he opened up in his rear deck. I am still gonna need to keep my Stock rear Speaker locations, but there is a spot in between them that I could cut and open up...I just don't want any of that pesky rattle. I have Fat mat so I would be using it on the deck for sure...If any of you have any pics of Steve's rear Deck opened up..Post it up for me...I want to do this maybe tonight or tommorow...Thanks guys..

i think i may have told you this in an IM but if i forgot then ill say it here.......i didnt "open up" my rear deck, i broke out a sawzall and cut it all the way out and built a new one out of wood and fiberglass and incorporated a blow thru in the middle of it with a screen so there isnt (wasnt :( ) a gaping hole. Well now its a wall so its not there anymore :D

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

• 2 weeks later...

Can I run the Kicker C12 in isobaric (face to face amd flip the polarity of the outside speaker (+ to -) (- to +). Please let me know. if not I'll be building the fiberglass box real soon since i now have the 2 of them. also the only thing i dont like about the speakers I got is that has a different face than the other....

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

Can I run the Kicker C12 in isobaric (face to face amd flip the polarity of the outside speaker (+ to -) (- to +). Please let me know. if not I'll be building the fiberglass box real soon since i now have the 2 of them. also the only thing i dont like about the speakers I got is that has a different face than the other....

HERES THE FIRST PIC I HAVE TO COVER MY BOX NOW.

post-690-1177518753_thumb.jpg

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg