Second Skin Audio

Help Designing A Box For 2 Solox10s

site says net displacement 311.04 cubic inches 5100cc

equivalent volume(vas) .702 cubic feet

thank you so much. hope that helps.

Okay so that's .18cuft of displacement. All you need to do is take the 311.04cuin and divide it by 1728 to get the displacement in cuft. Alright the closest I can get without getting all crazy on dimensions is a 14.25" X 14.25" X 14.25" which will give you 1.19cuft of internal volume and when you subtract the .18 for woofer displacement you'll get 1.01cuft internal volume. Remember to attach the port to the rear baffle of the box so it's not inside the enclosure displacing any of the internal volume. Each of the internal dimensions of each side will need to be 12.75" each so it's 1.5" less than the total of each side of the external dimensions.

I'll go ahead and throw up a cut list for you too.

Front and back need to be 12.75" X12.75"

Sides need to be 14.25" X12.75"

Top and bottom need to be 14.25" X 14.25"

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Also add some resin to the inside and also the outside of the box. It will help strengthen the enclosure and keep the mdf from breathing. Remember thought to get 2 4" aeroports for the box. The best place to get them is www.partsexpress.com they are fairly cheap and they will ship really fast.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

You can use pvc, but the flare can still be on the outside if you use an aeroport. The flares come with holes for screws so you can screw them right into the wood. All you need to do is cut a hole big enough to get the port tube through and you'll mount the one side of the flare on the inside of the box so it is secure and the other side with the other flare on it on the outside. Trust me the flares help, but if you don't want to use them that's your call. I can't say how much louder they will be, but I'm sure it's enough to make a difference.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

I did tell kicker and they said 6cubic feet. this is only for SPL nothing more. and the 10s and 12s used the same glue. if you throw more than 5000watts at 1 for more than afew seconds you'll see them smoke. They are great burpers, but for daily and 5000watts= smoke. This is the 3rd and fourth spare.

10 and 12" X's only handle 2500RMS. That is why you see smoke. I bet if you only push RMS to them for daily you won't see smoke.

Derp.

10 and 12" X's only handle 2500RMS. That is why you see smoke. I bet if you only push RMS to them for daily you won't see smoke.

who uses rms? if you read my post, this is for spl only. not daily driving. rms is mostly for daily.

I just went to the site and I will be getting (2) 4" at 15inches long. I'll try 10 inches, meter it then start cutting 1/2 at a time. thanks.

rms=lol

I use RMS and most people here do use RMS. Then again they don't burp. But for burping and straight SPL use its understandable to push wayyyyy more than RMS

Anyway..........

Maybe I misread what you said about daily.

I did indeed read wrong.

Derp.