Second Skin Audio

Help Designing A Box For 2 Solox10s

10" sounds like a good starting place. You might want to cut a half inch at a time instead of a full inch. I've heard of the 89 rex's peaking as high as 61hz so you may end up with a really short port. This is basically the standard size box with the most common type of port in crx's in db drag. Most of them with 2 10's are doing in the 152-155db range, but that is on the dash not in the kick. My car actually does a 149.4db in the kick, but I don't ever compete with it there.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Okay so that's .18cuft of displacement. All you need to do is take the 311.04cuin and divide it by 1728 to get the displacement in cuft. Alright the closest I can get without getting all crazy on dimensions is a 14.25" X 14.25" X 14.25" which will give you 1.19cuft of internal volume and when you subtract the .18 for woofer displacement you'll get 1.01cuft internal volume. Remember to attach the port to the rear baffle of the box so it's not inside the enclosure displacing any of the internal volume. Each of the internal dimensions of each side will need to be 12.75" each so it's 1.5" less than the total of each side of the external dimensions.

I'll go ahead and throw up a cut list for you too.

Front and back need to be 12.75" X12.75"

Sides need to be 14.25" X14.25"

Top and bottom need to be 14.25" X 14.25"

Im not trying to call anyone out or anything, but I went and spent $27 on the mdf and getting the wood cut, to the above numbers and I get them home and I cant put the puzzle together.Can you plz look at the above numbers and tell me that they indeed fit. I think your cut list might just have screwed me up. Can you plz recheck your numbers. Again not trying to insult anyone, but I have tried ever possible way to put the pieces together but there is always an opening. . Plz tell me Im wrong, I dont have my circular saw and wont be getting it back for a while. Jig saw = crooked lines. :(

Edited by daddy_j

Im not trying to call anyone out or anything, but I went and spent $27 on the mdf and getting the wood cut, to the above numbers and I get them home and I cant put the puzzle together.Can you plz look at the above numbers and tell me that they indeed fit. I think your cut list might just have screwed me up. Can you plz recheck your numbers. Again not trying to insult anyone, but I have tried ever possible way to put the pieces together but there is always an opening. . Plz tell me Im wrong, I dont have my circular saw and wont be getting it back for a while. Jig saw = crooked lines. :(

Sorry I typed one of the numbers twice so it's fixed now. I sent you the pm with the correct figures. Shouldn't be a problem all you need to do is trim 1.5" off of the side pieces. It can be done with a jigsaw, but I suggest a table saw other than a circular saw. If you take your wood back to where it was cut and tell them there was a mistake made I'm sure that they will trim the extra 1.5" off of the sides. Good luck man!

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Here is the enclosure for my friend's CRX with S10Xs off a Digital Designs Z1. Each enclosure was a touch under 1ft^3 and tuned to an in-car peak of 63-64Hz temperature pending. Strictly an SPL only enclosure, made absolutely no sound playing music at all but would just love to the meter. We even threw in two subs we got for free, subs that were worth about $20 total with cracked cones and missing dust caps and it still managed 144.8dB consistently from it.

CRX2.jpg

CRX.jpg

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

looks just like the boxes I just made. And thanks for the pics. I didnt know where to put the ports. I see that they are right in the middle. I was gonna buy a 4.5" circular cutting drill (name of tool unknown) but they wanted $33. I could only see using it one freaken time. So instead Im trying to use the jigsaw to make the 4.5 inch hole. I couldnt figure out how to order the aero port. I didnt know if I had to buy (2) 15.75 piece and then the four ends or does the two ends for each come with it? I instead bought (2) 4inch PVC at 2 feet long. And Im gonna cut a half inch at a time till I peak. Once I hear the vehicle and get it where it needs to be, then I'll order the areo ports, by then maybe I could figure out what it is exactly that I need. Thanks everyone.pics coming soon. I'll post in a new thread.

Those pics are exactly how I told daddy to make his box. They need to be just like the pics with the ports coming out the back of the box towards the hatch and not really inside the box at all. Just enough to hold them in place. I would use something like JB weld to hold the ports in place because that's what I used and I've never had any problems. I also used a jig saw for my holes and just cut them very tight to where I could pound them in with a block of wood over the end so I had something to hit. I'm excited to see how this one turns out for you man. Sorry about the little error that was my bad, but it was an easy fix for you. It was late when I was giving you the cut list and I had been up all day. No excuses it's all good :)

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Each port there is 6" in diameter. They sit flush with the inside of the enclosure. The port's internal flare has then been fibreglassed and filled to make a smooth entry and exit for the air flow.

The whole inside of the enclosure was glassed then smoothed to a glass like finish with wet and dry sand paper.

Good luck!

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos