The Performer Posted October 22, 2008 Report Posted October 22, 2008 Hey guys, I need some help big time with this one. I'm hoping to replace my stock speakers in my truck now that my bass build is complete and I want to go with components. At the moment I have all stock speakers for a 03 singlecab silverado. That's a 6 1/2 mid and tweeter in the door panels, and a 4x6 in the rear pillars. They're powered straight from my alpine 9887 headunit, and I'm satisfied as can be with the power it's giving them so I don't plan on getting an amp for the doors and rear pillars. What I'm currently looking at are alpine type S components, and alpine type S 4x6. http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-Type-S-SPS-60...d=15Q1N6ISDU9VM http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-Type-S-SPS-40...d=15Q1N6ISDU9VM The price for both of these is exactly what I'm looking for, however I just wanted to know if there were any less popular brands I could look into before I go ahead and finalize my decision on these. On amazon I can get both of them for $130. That's enough as I want to spend as I've got to start wrapping up my audio aspect of the truck. So if it wouldn't be too much to ask, anyone care to share what my other options would be? I'll probably have to get components first and start working on glassing the tweets in the A-pillars and in the mean time I can build up the rest of the money for the 4x6's. My concern is, at first when I was looking into subwoofers I was set on more popular brands and what not before anyone introduced DC audio to me and I saw how great the prices were. I'm just curious if maybe you guys know of speaker brands that fall into that underground category that are decently priced as well. Thanks! CERTIFIED BITCHES!!! Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks' Click to see my build! Proud DC owner
jonathancullen89 Posted October 22, 2008 Report Posted October 22, 2008 try ebay, im going with RE comps in mine, but they are more then $100 each but they are good xD. could go with coaxles 1992 cavalier build 1992 blazer s10 kenwood cd hifonics hfi2500d 6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's shit ton-o-wire Blurred Vision Audio Team SMD feedback/refs. clicky!-
AI James Posted October 22, 2008 Report Posted October 22, 2008 Pheonix Gold RSD are great for under 100 bucks,
The Performer Posted October 23, 2008 Author Report Posted October 23, 2008 Pheonix Gold RSD are great for under 100 bucks, Man those look like some pretty damn nice components! So they sound pretty good then? I'm looking at the specs on them and the power handling is perfect for what I'm going to be giving them. CERTIFIED BITCHES!!! Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks' Click to see my build! Proud DC owner
97maxima Posted October 23, 2008 Report Posted October 23, 2008 www.fusioncaraudio.com nice components,check out the encounter series they are great for a entry level series American Bass*DC Power
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.