Sundown Audio

Hifonics Maxximus Vs Memphis 4kws

tejcurrent

I am considering running 2 memphis 4ks, or the maxximus.

I have owned a few 4kws, so I am familiar with those, but I don't know much about the Hifonics amp and would really appreciate it if anyone could offer some hands on experience. Price is within a few hundred of each other so not really an issue.

My charging system will probably be 2 250a alts and a few D3100s, with 4-6 runs of 1/0 + and -. I'm not sure if I could get by with 3 3100s or not, but that's what I'm thinking at the moment. Again, I know the 4kws would be fine with this but I don't know about the maxximus.

Any thoughts at all would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I've heard that the Memphis amps don't do their full potential until they see 16 volts. As for the Maxximus I'd say that 3 D3100's would be the absolute least amount of batteries to run with that amp. Even more is going to be the best route to go with a monster like that. I'm not saying that it can't be run off that little, but it won't do the 10K that it is rated to do without sufficient power to back it up.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Best to talk to KingSUV about the hifonics... He'll tell you what you need to run it and where to get 500a fuses for it lol... Things a beast... I vote Maxximus.

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

I've heard that the Memphis amps don't do their full potential until they see 16 volts.

ill be able to let you about that as soon as I get mine hooked up. Ill be testing them and ill put up the numbers we come up with

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

The amp pulls a ton of current. So be prepared to feed it plenty of battery juice. I would say 6 3100's would do it along with a big ass alt or 2. I clamped mine at 3K per side at 14v. If you can feed it more them it will really come alive.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I was told i could get around 7k at 4ohms mono out of the Hifonics amp.

Reasons for changing from the 4 18s:

Wife being pregnant- need money

Having a baby- need space to carry things

Replacing roof, need money

Going back to college, need money

Couldn't get the Quad alt bracket to be dependable daily, so I'm just running dual alts and I'll be much better off with less wattage.

I'm still not clear on what would be my best bet, any more advice?

Thanks.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I was told i could get around 7k at 4ohms mono out of the Hifonics amp.

Reasons for changing from the 4 18s:

Wife being pregnant- need money

Having a baby- need space to carry things

Replacing roof, need money

Going back to college, need money

Couldn't get the Quad alt bracket to be dependable daily, so I'm just running dual alts and I'll be much better off with less wattage.

I'm still not clear on what would be my best bet, any more advice?

Thanks.

kinda off subject but what kind of quad bracket did you get?like made by who and what did you have it on.? anyways as far as the amps i was going to run 2 goliaths,then changed my mind to the maxximus,then to 2 maxximus,then.2 "other" ams and in the future it will be 4 of those "other " amps lol.but yeah im runnig quad ohio gens. . .wait....3 at the moment because iraggi sent me the wrong frickin bracket and 7 batteries but will be 13 before the end of the year....christmastime should be VERY LOUD in ms lol.but yeah id do the maxximus.that things a BEAST