Second Skin Audio

My 2 Solox 10 Boxes Check Them Out

daddy_j

well here are the pics I promised. Numbers to come soon

What kind of vehicle?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

well here are the pics I promised. Numbers to come soon

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice man. I hope they work out well for you. I tried my best to give you all the info I know about crx boxes and a good starting place. Have you burped them in the car at all yet? I hope you do over a 150 like I know that you're hoping for. I am too since I helped with the box specs. I would start with the ports at the length you have them now should be 10", and cut a half inch off at a time if the score continues to rise. If it drops off then you can always put in new ports or add length to yours with a coupler. Like I told you before too the tuning may be all the way up to 62hz or maybe even a little more so since you're starting with the tuning at 52hz expect to have to cut a little off the ports to get the actual best score out of it. Just do it little bits at a time. Great job on the boxes man, they look very good and loud http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

One more thing to remember to slide them as far foward in the car as you can and still be legal in your class. That's the way that crx's are usually the loudest with the box positioned in that type of location. I would also just slide them side by side and you can move them around to see if the numbers go up any, but they are usually right next to one another.

Once you get everything dialed in with the port length and everything make sure you resin the inside and outside. If you want you can add 45's in all the corners of the box, but it may start to take up a little too much airspace if you begin to do that so it could potentially hurt if you go that route. Maybe not though the only way to find out is try. I like what I see man :)

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

One more thing man. I see that you have some sort of speaker wire coming out of the ports probably 12 or 10 guage. If I were you I'd get some 8 guage power wire and use it as your speaker wire and you'll be able to allow more current to pass from the amp to the woofers.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Well the numbers dont look good, but I still have to adjust the length of the ports. Right now they are 12". My buddy is coming with his termlab and we will see how much I got to cut off the port. At the moment the numbers are the same as when I had the other box in there. The last pic will be the original box. unknown hz? More info to come. and at the monent I need (2) one eight gauge input and four 8 gauge output distributor, for the speaker wire. I had 8 gauge but there are 8 wires and it was too big of a cluster. So from the amp I have 8gauge then it goes into 12gauge then into the subs. I didnt let it play long enought to here port noise. I dont ever think it will play long enough for port noise. It is strickly a burping machine. I did a fast sweep and it hit 153dbs on my epic. Last time it hit 153 it only read 147.6 on a termlab. But when it hit 157 on my epic it only read 149.2 on a termlab.

So its wierd 4dbs on my epic only means 1.6 on a termlab. Its crazy. I will get more accurate numbers when my buddy brings his termlab. Good news was my voltage was at 14.2 volts for the first time in a long time. Last comp it was at 12.2volts with the car on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived