My $7 Anti Theft System

thanks for all the input guys, i would bolt it down, but taking out the thirdrow seat leaves everything soooooooooooooooo damn uneven and i dont have the time, money or tools to do that :sorry:

i've tried the phillips heads and i can't get any sizes to grip

and haha bangin altima i wish i could build a box like yours, i'm tryin to sell the L7 for a pair of some 15"s in which case i'll throw something together ;)

last i'm bolting it all down pretty much to deter the thieves, i usually park on well lit streets and am not retarded where i leave my car ha, i'm going for something thieves will try to pull it... doesnt move, the pull out a screw driver, doesn't fit, tug once, twice then want to get the fuck outta there when it's not budging

just kinda what i'm going for, anything helps right

also twigs, i had a buddie who just got two type r's taken and they left his amp... it was bolted down but his box wasn't

tint wasn't put on at the time of that window smash either

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

Use bolts... screws can be ripped out of sheet metal very easily.

there's really no way to rip it up, the box is flush with the seat in the back so no grip there, the only place to grab it is in the port but to do that you have to be standing in the back of the car ha, and amp will be flush with the floor also so no real way to get under it

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

get these locks:

Posted Image

Posted Image

and run them through the walls of the box.

Posted Image

then run aircraft grade aluminum cable, or bike lock (your choice) and connect the woofer basket to the lock on the inside and run another bike lock/AA cable through the outer loop and anchor around the frame or chunks of seet metal.

its not perfect- basic cutting tools can break this method but the goal is NOT to make it impossible, but instead make it take more time and effort than the equipment is worth.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

there's really no way to rip it up, the box is flush with the seat in the back so no grip there, the only place to grab it is in the port but to do that you have to be standing in the back of the car ha, and amp will be flush with the floor also so no real way to get under it

Bring it to saginaw and park it on the east side for a night. See if there isn't a way up :)

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

get these locks:

Posted Image

Posted Image

and run them through the walls of the box.

Posted Image

then run aircraft grade aluminum cable, or bike lock (your choice) and connect the woofer basket to the lock on the inside and run another bike lock/AA cable through the outer loop and anchor around the frame or chunks of seet metal.

its not perfect- basic cutting tools can break this method but the goal is NOT to make it impossible, but instead make it take more time and effort than the equipment is worth.

-Drew

damn that's a decent idea, i dont think ima go there ha but still good idea for sure

Bring it to saginaw and park it on the east side for a night. See if there isn't a way up :)

and i know it could be done easily, no doubt about it ha, if someone wants to put forth the effort and risk getting caught, go for it, i sleep with an AR-15 next to my bed and would love to see someones face when they see me :rofl: an my window looks out over my cul-de-sac where i park, i doubt that'll happen though but i guess it's a good thing

Posted Image

she's my fave, i gots 2 of em'

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

A good way to help prevent your box from getting stolen, but if they can't get something it'll get broken. If somebody is in your car, you're screwed whether they take it or not.

Get your system insured. As long as you have receipts and you get a plan that will cover the upgrades you put into the car, insurance will cover your stuff. Once you do that, you may as well put a 'take me' sign on the window..... A good excuse to try out some different equipment.

x2 those are not uncommen like david said bolt that biotch down from the inside thats the safest way but the more screws the longer it will take to get out.

x3

If you build it hey will come.....

and try to steal it!!!!

I have a box (literally) of every specialty screw bit that I bought at ace hardware 4 less then 10 dollahs and i GARUNTEE that bits in there... take our advice and do some in cog negro security measures. But just remember security measures only keep honest ppl from jacking yo shit!

Not trying to dog on ya or rag ya out just the honest truth man. At least your trying to keep your shit safer.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

shit now all of yall have me sketched out i feel like i need to do more shit to make sure my crap doesnt run away haha

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

Archived