Sonic Electronix

Any of you who are running 6-10kW, what kind of upgrades did you do for power? I'm sure I'll be able to support one of my amps, but I'm worried about running two of them. These amps are power hogs but they perform very well otherwise...

I'm trying to run two MCD4KWs @ 1-ohm which should be about 8000 RMS. But according to tech support, they pull about 400A at full crank. I'm hoping to dampen that with a line driver but I'm still worried.

Do I have enough to power them as a daily driver? Or should I just use one for listening and both in comps (assuming I'm hitting numbers)?

-300A Iraggi

-(4) Kinetik HC2400

-(4x) 1/0 wires throughout

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

just my .02 but if the 4 batteries are in the back near the amps they should give you the current you need, but a second alt would be an excelent idea, since once those abtteries are drained down, you're going to be stuck with only 300a of current to recharge the batts and supply your system, car, lights, etc. If you plan on driving down the highway on blast, or letting it play close to max for extended periods, definately consider another alt

other than that, you should be fine

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Well guys I forgot to mention one thing... According to all of the ppl I've dealt with including Dom, it seems impossible to get another alt in there without extreme modification... So I'm kinda stuck with the extra alternator idea.

And yes, the power wires and ground wires from battery bank to amps will be < 12" long.

[email protected]

Any of you who are running 6-10kW, what kind of upgrades did you do for power? I'm sure I'll be able to support one of my amps, but I'm worried about running two of them. These amps are power hogs but they perform very well otherwise...

I'm trying to run two MCD4KWs @ 1-ohm which should be about 8000 RMS. But according to tech support, they pull about 400A at full crank. I'm hoping to dampen that with a line driver but I'm still worried.

Do I have enough to power them as a daily driver? Or should I just use one for listening and both in comps (assuming I'm hitting numbers)?

-300A Iraggi

-(4) Kinetik HC2400

-(4x) 1/0 wires throughout

moar batteries.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Haha, I didn't even catch that, that's good. Alright. I guess I'll just try it out and watch my voltage. I figured more batteries would be what it took. Thanks for the help!

[email protected]

i think you need another alt and 1 or 2 more batts this is what id did to run my 4 amps for 30 seconds

each amp pulls 480 amps

IMG00161-1.jpg

why didnt you use buss bars instead of all the sections of 0guage and ring terminals?not knockin your work just asking.

and since you cant add another alt i would add a few more batteries at least

why didnt you use buss bars instead of all the sections of 0guage and ring terminals?not knockin your work just asking.

and since you cant add another alt i would add a few more batteries at least

Well, I used buss bars in the front from the front battery and at the entrance to the bank in the back. I have a lot of tools and stuff flying around in there and I get really nervous with metal tools around those batteries. Buss bars make for easy accidents, but I have more buss bars on the way and that will be the final power upgrade before the amps get permanently set.

They are very convenient and worth it.

Edited by Neo_frog

[email protected]