Sonic Electronix

Alrite as anyone who has viewd my ride page may know im upgrading to a 16 volt system. Im using Kinetik hc16v's as my batteries and a 2nd alt with an external regulator. The only thing that i was wondering that i havent found an answer to is since the kinetik battery only has 1 ground post, do i ground the aps being run on 16v to the frame, or do i run a separate ground to it. or is there somthing else? If someone could explain this whole 16v ground situation it would be a big help!!! IF anyone doesnt know what these batteries are they have 3 posts. 1 for 16+ 1 for 12+ and a ground....

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

You can use the same ground for the 12v post and the 16v post. BTW If you are using the Kinetik 12v post to power your 12volt section of your car it won't put out enough power for the accessories.

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it,' unless you're a tweaker, and in that case you already fixed it ten times and it's still broken. - Dave Mustaine

You can use the same ground for the 12v post and the 16v post. BTW If you are using the Kinetik 12v post to power your 12volt section of your car it won't put out enough power for the accessories.

No he is running a dual alt setup one directly for the system(16v) and one for the car and accessories(12v).....two seperate charging systems.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

thanks alot for the help. and im runnin hc2400's for the 12v part of it.

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

I keep hearing people say this, but I wonder if it's just hearsay, because my Nissan is running off the 12V post with no problems, and a buddy just upgraded to 16V and he's even starting his big 350 Chevy off the 12V post. The only thing I've noticed is that instead of 14.4V, you get like 13.5 from the 12V post, still plenty to power your accessories.

Archived