Sonic Electronix

Considering A Build, And Want Your Help!

REMOVED.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

You kidding me! You're sound proofing your car with material they use on space shuttles....?!

australia03junehl4.gif

Previous: 1988 Nissan Patrol

Rockford T800.4

Rockford T1 15 (sealed)

Rockford 6.5 Components

Current: 1997 Jeep Wrangler

Build goals...

1x RF P300.2

4x Hertz HCX165's

Built Completes :)

Alpine 9886 Headunit

RF P300.2

RF P500-1bd

2x RF P2-D2 8" Subs, 1.3 cubes @39.5Hz

4x Hertz HCX130's

Current comment...

Satisfied for the moment, focusing on performance upgrades

REMOVED.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

calculated the total output via the 60a and 30a internal, Boon, why do you have to try to be such a dick?

and I know a ton more than you do, Money doesn't make you smarter.

I'm being a dick because you're trying to lecture people with far more experience than you about things where they know a lot more than you in a very blind way. I tried to put it gently at first, just pointing out that actually your amp doesn't make 2200w, but you had to go and get all butt-hurt about it.

As for knowing a ton more than me? Ok. Whatever gets your rocks off. I don't care if you know about mechanical and electrical dampening and their effect on cone control. The fact is that there's a lot of people here that know a lot more than you, and you don't seem to want to accept that. In case you hadn't realised, there's people on this site that have been installing big systems longer than you have been alive. That doesn't apply to me but I know what I know.

For example. Your shitty Pyramid amp does not make 1300w or anywhere near it. Perhaps if lightning strikes it, you'll see more than 500w through the outputs, but otherwise it's not making shit. I don't care how you try to justify it with your 'internal fuses' (which is bs by the way)

I could go into technical details about why it won't make more than 500w without catching fire, but you'll just go NO THE TUNGSTEN CARBIDE POWER MULTIPLICATOR WILL SAVE ME! or something akin to that, so I can't be bothered.

Pull your head in. One day you'll mature enough to realise that actually, in the grand scheme of things, you don't know shit, and you'll get a lot further by closing your mouth and opening your ears for a while.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Boon, don't say anything if its gonna try to be a negative comment, im just tired of you commenting on here, so to put it shortly and simply, suck it.

now before this gets locked, I want this to be my build thread, not a "find ways to diss my shit" thread. if you cant deal with the fact I like my oldass equipment, then deal with it even if you cant.

Now of all the things I got done today, I bought some Pioneer TS 3047 drivers, the blue 6.5 coax speakers, they should be good enough for my highs, now to calculate how big the boxes need to be,

Next step, buying my new fronts!

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

also boon, just because I havent been installing it doesnt mean shit, I know more about speakers then you do, and I can easily tell you shit you didnt know which can effect the sound, and why its RMS rating doesnt mean shit, age doesnt make you wiser, all your telling me is that you want to be a dickhead and not help me on my way, so please, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

now onward to more questions, what areas of the car should I cover? all I really know right now is to hit the roof >.>

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

Archived