I have HEARD there good cars.

Only experience I have with VW is my girl has a 99 2.8L V6 Passat and only problem in the last 4 years has been a temp sensor. 1 other bad thing about my girls Passat is parts cost a pretty penny for them. I don’t know if the same goes for the Jetta. If I were looking into a “car” I would go with VW hands down. I love the look and power of the Passat and Jetta

Rollerz Only - Sacramento Chapter. 6 Time Lowrider Magazine club of the year

94 Xploder on 22s - Gutted for now...

87 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on hydros, fully euroed out Tookie blue

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*

Crankin the volume knob and hittin switches.

http://www.rollerzonly.com

they do now, they didnt in 1988. the older 1.8 16v is a better engine from what i understand.

87- 90 id be happy with one of those yrs with a 1.8 16v.

Jep, that engines are hard to beat!

How bout a 1991 david? http://www.vwfixx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66562 :) love it

offtopic: im goin to buy a golf mk1 cabrio next spring, the vw-syndrom is still in my mind after crashing one...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in love with the GLX!

9389803729.254704278.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

9389803730.254704278.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

9389803731.254704278.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

i have a 97 GLS with a 160k on it and with proper maintenance itll keep goin for 160k more. it has the 2.0l 4cyl ABA motor which isnt slow but not the fastest thing out there but i will say its torquey. it has alot of room under the hood which is nice for AM add-ons and its not a complicated engine either, now if you wanna see some cool shit stick your key into the drivers door handle and unlock the door but hold it in that posistion for a few secs and watch all the windows roll down and when you lock it they will all close even the sunroof (if it is open) i also heard you can tap into them and program them to do different things like the sunroof only coming back mid way or only the front windows going down.

all i know is that it sucks to put a deck in one lol....the gf has one seems to be a good car she has almost 70k on it with no major problems its an 04

yea i had that problem with mine, it was a really tight fit and i didnt have enough depth and when the sun was out you couldnt see the screen so i jus took the cd player and mounted above the cupholders in front of the stick and put a equalizer in the original spot.

l0be6bad575ca4be5917703bg1.jpg

w600.png

• 4 months later...

The jettas are awesome, i would lean toward a manual one with the 2.0 aba motor or the 2.8 VR6. The automatics like to go haywire in them (lots of electrical problems in the auto trannys) Other then that the 2.0 aba and the VR6 are an awesome motor, especially the VR6 (great torque and great acceleration) I used to own a 1985 Rabbit GTI, Several bugs, and a 1987 Jetta with a 2.0 Aba swap. Great cars..

Edited by 83GT50