Bass Race

SPLMAX - Sam

Why was Bass Race invented?

Bass Race was invented to fill a void in SPL competitions.

Some potential contestants and/or vehicles were being excluded by not being able to effectively compete with formats currently being offered at the time Bass Race was invented. Bass Race was designed so that anyone could participate, regardless of budget, system design, or installation skills. Bass Race offers a unique competitor classification system based on score.

The concept of Bass Race is very simple. One person registers to compete, and that same person operates their stereo, in the vehcle they registered, for the entire duration of the competition. There is only one qualifying attempt.

Everyone has an equal chance of winning if they understand and follow the rules.

What are the Bass Race rules?

One of the design concepts of Bass Race was a simple set of rules. The designers of Bass Race decided that the rules should fit on one page if possible. Many rules are not published, rather they are “borrowed” from the Db Drag Racing format such as “sensor placement”, and “the vehicle must remain sealed during competition”. Common sense tells us that other things are not appropriate, such as “What is the maximun speed I can qualify at or Can I compete with 6 Lama’s sitting in the car with me”.

It should be noted that it would be impossible to write a rulebook that would list every rule that the average person would consider “illegal”. It seems some competitors and judges accept the logic that “If it’s not in the rule book, then it is legal”.

This type of thinking may stem from the fact that there are no guidelines for vehicle or system design. The attitude is “Run what you brung”, and “anything goes”. This is not the case. There are “understood” guidelines.

There appears to be a small contingent of people that think this is okay to do the following in a sanctioned bass race. It is not okay, or allowed:

Allowing more than one person in the vehicle during a bass race run

Laying down, quitting and or throwing a match allowing another competitor to win during a bass race run

Operating someone else's stereo system during a bass race run

Using dice to determine a number for a tiebreaker

Sharing a common vehicle at an event

Registering under multiple names

Re-qualify attempt if you do not like your score

Placing fish near the sensor

Competing more than one time (Multiple entries) at 1 bass race event

Bass Race today

Bass Race is offered in over 20 countries worldwide. Thousands of competitors compete in the format. There are over 200 You Tube videos featuring bass race.

damnit. this won't let me put my girlfriend in the passenger seat tossing fish on the dash like i had planned.

>_<

:rofl:

good post though- taught me a thing or two. Is there a cite for the original publication?

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

If u want this enforced by judges and competitors then u must have wayne atleast put this part out....

It is not okay, or allowed:

Allowing more than one person in the vehicle during a bass race run

Laying down, quitting and or throwing a match allowing another competitor to win during a bass race run

Operating someone else's stereo system during a bass race run

Using dice to determine a number for a tiebreaker

Sharing a common vehicle at an event

Registering under multiple names

Re-qualify attempt if you do not like your score

Placing fish near the sensor

Competing more than one time (Multiple entries) at 1 bass race event

This needs to go to all judges from wayne, or else they aren't rules and do not have to be followed.

Thx, Plz

keep us informed!

was this posted every where? on termpro.com, on ca.com, on roe.com???

if this was only posted on this forum, I will delete it. because it makes me feel like your singling out the west coast competitors.

welp I see I made an ass of myself, it is posted on termpro.com

if these are the rules, wayne needs to post them on the rules section, you also need to talk to all the rest of the judges.

Good post Sam. These unspoken things need to be addressed so there is no confusion between competitors for next year's season. Some people are not aware and this will help them to stay within the guidelines.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

he shouldnt have too. like he said most of those are commen sense rules.

yes he should idiot, there wasnt any rules in bassrace. so how can any of it be common sense, your not to smart are ya.

now there are rules, some wont like them , I could careless, I just want the petty Bullshit Drama to end.

Archived