Sundown Audio

Amp problem with the T3002

Texas Tech

I bought a T3002 and ive had it for like 2 months or so. It worked great for the first 2 weeks. I lvoe RF and so far have only had their stuff in my car (except H/U of course its ahrd to get one). Well it started to randomly turn on and off. Now i know everyone is going to say...did you check this did you check that, yes i went through everything multiple times. So, i sent the amp in. When i got it back about a week ago the paper stated that all they did was replace the fuse. Well anyways, i ahve put it back in my car and it worked, for hte first 10 minutes. Then i experienced the same thing. The amp would turn on and off.

I have talked with one guy who had the same problem with the same exact amp. He sent it back to RF 3 times so far.

Anyways.... I know the amp is greatly underrated, thats why i bought the amp in the first place.

Something funny though, after i had trouble with my amp i took it to the authorized dealer i bought it from and all... He told me it smelt like somethign was fried, burned, inside the amp. I told him no, there isnt, i have taken the amp cover off, because i thought maybe there was a short somewhere, and everything looked perfect. I told him to look at it himself and he refused. Nor did he give me any help on sending it to RF at all.This guy doesnt know anything though, and he can speak english, but not very well.

I should say though, i did have the speaker terminal (thats what i call it, i dont know the correct term, but its the black plastic piece that connects the speaker wire from the inside of the box to the outside of hte box.) well that piece, the little metal prong for the negative i think, it burned. There was not a could connection between the quick disconnect connector (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i340_quick-disconnect-connectors.html) and the metal little prong piece that is part of the black plastic piece.

But i did do all new wiring on the speaker wire and it still doesnt work.

Question (random) but if your battery wire and ground wire touch does that mess up the wiring. I know it can affect your fuse and blow it, but will it do anything else. That has happened to me a couple of times.

Baylor University

Accounting

the guy probably does know about amps. its just that you openly admitted that you voided your warranty by opening up the amp. he refused to touch it because he probably didnt want to take blame for anything you couldve done to it.

x2 near any dealer would have done the same thing

what could i have done to it? i took the top cover off the amp and put it back on?

but anyways.. the point of the matter is not about the owner, who can not speak very good english, the point was that i would not reccomend teh amp to anyone, even if it is one of the most underrated RF amps

Baylor University

Accounting

no the power and ground never touched while touching the amp, the amp was disconnected and out of the trunk, how would i ahve power and ground wires touch if it was in the terminals, unless they were not secured tightly.

Baylor University

Accounting

and i burnt the metal prong on the plastic piece that connects the speaker wire from the inside of the box to the outside of the box

Baylor University

Accounting

Two things that I'll state, because I don't know how skilled you are with audio. But check the wiring inside your box and make sure it's at the ohm the amp preforms at, this can affect your safe mode and cause the amp to shut down due to overload. Second is when you by an new amp, you need to give it about a week on low before you krank it up. Give the mirco ele. time to break in. The new Kickers are the same as the new RF's you can't just get in your car and slam it instantly. They have to reach a certain temp, to preform 100%.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609