Sundown Audio

Setting Gains On Strapped Saz-1500d's

97EXPO

i read chart on here and it says 38.7 volts for 1 1500d at 1 ohm, well i will be running 2 sundown 1500ds strapped at 2 ohms, could i just set the master amp at 77.46 volts since the master controls the slave also? thanks

2012 scion xb bagged, 2 soundqubed hdc3 12's, soundqubed 2200 for now, need alternator

ok, as in use 1 amps positives and the others negatives? first time i have set amps with dmm. Usually just by ear, but since going with this stuff, i would like to make sure its right. thansk again

2012 scion xb bagged, 2 soundqubed hdc3 12's, soundqubed 2200 for now, need alternator

ok, as in use 1 amps positives and the others negatives? first time i have set amps with dmm. Usually just by ear, but since going with this stuff, i would like to make sure its right. thansk again

No, you do not use negative speaker output on either amp to connect a speaker. The negative speaker outputs from master amp get connected to the negative speaker outputs on the slave amp using 8 gauge wire.

Then you hook your speaker(s) up using both positive speaker connections on the amp.

Your positive speaker wire(s) would get connected to the positive outputs on the master amp.

Your negative speaker wire(s) would get connected to the positive outputs on the slave amp.

Again, negative outputs on both amps are to be connected together with 8 gauge wire.

Additional info:

SAZ-1500D_Strapping1.jpg

SAZ-1500D_Strapping2.jpg

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7406

the positive from one amp to the positive on the other. the master amp acts as the positive, and the slave amp will act as the negative more or less. so that's how you will want to check it

and you'll want them to read 77.46. yes

Edited by ExpoSport

i already knew the way to strap them, just curious where you checked the voltage at

Lol no you dont....

If you did you wouldnt be trying to put the positive probe from the dmm to the + on the master amp, and the negative probe to the - on the slave amp..

That proves right there you dont know how to strap them...

Oh well not my amps, good luck frying them!

You might want to turn your bass boost all the way up too, it will sound "louder".

i already have the same pic you posted on here of strapping the amps. i dont use the bass boost either, its not good to use it. thats why it is stupid to come on here and ask a question about something, you have these fucking morons like "audiofanaticz" that think they know everything. you cant just get an answer about something. fuck it, its better to just ask sundown and quit fucking with these other folks

but thanks exposport for help, thats what i was looking for

Edited by 97EXPO

I was pointing out the fact that you are to use the positives on the amp to hook up the speakers. You hook the multimeters probes up to the amps they same way as you do the speakers, no matter if the amps are strapped or ran normal. and your talking about hooking the dmm up to one amps positive and one amps negative, which is not how you hook up the speakers, so its not how you hook up the dmm. If you dont have the knowledge to hook up a dmm right, how do we know you have the knowledge to hook up the speaker correctly?

Since you are to connect both negatives together using both negative terminals on each amp (2 runs of 8 gauge), how would you go about connecting the multimeter to the + on the master amp, and the - on the slave amp???

At least you know not to use bassboost :)