Second Skin Audio

Reme from unique whips show... how he builds the boxes for subs....

Texas Tech

i liked it, it gives a lot of ideas for amp racks and fabricating and just a cool car audio show. All the other shows i feel like im wasting my time.

Baylor University

Accounting

I watch so I can laugh. I mean they have done a couple of really nice vehicles, but the majority of it is weaksauce for getting so much attention.

They had help from some of the Best in the Business on Tony Stewarts Hearse.

honestly I think I have watched taht show like 6 or 7 times, trying to catch the hearse build.

[glow=red,2,300]Is it me, or did anyone else notice that that guy never makes a ported box?, everything he does is sealed.[/glow]They have someone come in there and say I want my shit boomin, and its always the same, 2 jl 10's or 12's in the same sealed box.

It's just you...I've seen him make many boxes using aeroports.

the reason that all reme's boxes look the same and they are all sealed using jl, is because he has to do complete systems in one day.  He even says on the show that he is so pressed with time that all his shit has to be somewhat easy to put together.  I'm sure he's done some sweet ported setups, they just don't show it on tv.

I make at least one box a week and have been for years, and i find the easiest way is to make the box, and then cut out the sub holes... idk, that's a commone way to do it, i always use a jigsaw because i can't afford a router

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

all this talking about Unique Whips have you guys heard of Metabo the German company that makes all of their power tools?

banner2.jpghttp://www.DCSOUNDLAB.com/01 Chevy Silverado X-CabPioneer 4900 in Dash3 Stinger 2150'sIraggi 260 amp Alt.1/0 Stinger Wiring(2) DC lvl 5 18's(2) Hifonics Cyclops10 cu box tuned to 27hz

For reals, there has to be a true, hard core, car audio/fabrication show, that is unbiased to one brand, or even one shop. Maybe a TV show, that films like say 10 top notch shops, and shows thier top jobs/installs- not just 1 shop, with very specific brands to be showed. How about this, 10 shops, okay 6 shops, each shop promotes a brand, JL, Kicker, Memphis, DD, RF, ALPINE, or maybe a few other, each shop concentrates on thier brands, and they show jobs equally from each shop, that simple.... Iam sure there would be alot more SHOW to show, and better reviews, and rateings.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

yeah, just showcase some top notch shops, and how they go about business, and installs... top notch installs would be nice to, but in the real world its, only about 10% -20% of a shops installs that require doing custom beat, amp racks, and any time of fiberglassing, and still thats on the high side, most work a shop does is alarms, window tiniting, and basic deck and 4... I do think that should be pointed out to.. So when people do want to get in the field of Mobile audio/video, they dont sucker themselves in to thinking they will just jump straight in to box makeing, and custom jobs... ITS NEVER LIKE THAT.. lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

What I would like to see or even produce is a show that will cover all aspects of the industry. Everything mild to wild. Local shop buildups to a section for the diy guys. Product reviews. Show coverage. Sport coverage. Manafacture highlights. Product test drives.

Show whats in store with manafactures,oem, whatever. You can even do a weekly walk through of box building or glass work 101, or basics of wiring.

If I knew who to talk to to start a show I would

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

well i like the show, its pretty cool i think, yea most of the installs are very similar, but i like it. I have seen a show where there are two car audio stores or teams (either) and each team gets the same car and they have to trick it out, and whichever is better wins and like goes on to the next round or something. I forgot what it was called, i saw it one time.

Baylor University

Accounting

Archived