I Installed My Two Powermaster Batteries Today...

I got these from mechman a few weeks back...I went over to the folks house yesterday and threw together a little box out 3/4" birch to put them in and bolt down on top of my sub box. I painted it to match and secured it to the top with screws. This was necessary because when I built this enclosure I hadn't yet upgraded to 1/0 wiring and certainly had not planned on adding any batteries to this setup either. I would have liked to have mounted them up right and on the floor , but this seems to work fine. The only big problem I had was getting the fuse holders to fit once the back seat was back up right, making them look sort of randomly placed, but they are actually positioned so that they dont hit anything once everything is back in place and upright. I also ran a ground down through the floor and down under the truck to the frame off of the second battery.

I checked everything once I got done with a voltmeter, and I got a solid 14.1 - 14.3 volts... Although I didnt recheck the voltage once I started playing the stereo. I did notice at idle with the stereo hitting hard the factory voltmeter still bounces ever so slightly, but while driving or revving up to 2,000 - 2,500 r.p.m. I get no movement out of the gauge. The stereo seems a bit louder too, But I am sure that is just my mind playing games with me...

anyway...

DSCN1405.jpg

DSCN1404.jpg

DSCN1406.jpg

I was waiting on a fresh battery for the cordless drill, hadnt charged them in a while...

DSCN1408.jpg

DSCN1407.jpg

DSCN1409.jpg

DSCN1414.jpg

DSCN1410.jpg

DSCN1413.jpg

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Jacksonville is about as close I will get, although my girl's grandma lives in panama city, but I haven't made out it there yet...

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

Jacksonville is about as close I will get, although my girl's grandma lives in panama city, but I haven't made out it there yet...

If it happens let me know. :) im about an hour away :ph34r:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Holy port.....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Holy port.....

It actually is pretty shocking... The enclosure was supposed to be three to six inches from the back door with it closed, but I actually measured my usable space wrong, so it has a very close 2.75 inches of space between the edge of the box and the back door... But trust me, for two 12s and a thousand watts, it fuckin pounds way more than it should... I got pete kulicki to design it, and I will get him to design my next one when I finally can afford to step up to 15s....:)

My Kulicki Box Build

Archived