Second Skin Audio

What Is The Best Resin For Inside Encloser

thats like asking what ur setup will do, its un determined but it DOES work adds strength and db's its a known fact

I was kinda being sarcastic. :P

But yeah, I know what the effects of resin are. I've just never used it.

And IDK...

Derp.

ive used it for my last 3 boxes! It has made a huge diffrence in sound and loudness! I will mix up a cup pour into the corners and let it dry. I use the autozone $10 brand it works perfect!

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

most people lay a coat over all the wood (resin on wood loweres resonance) and then copies mead and his "self leveling resin 45's" on all the edges.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

self leveling 45's?

how steve does it, u dont want hard corners, or 90 degree angles if u well, thats why 45 degree angles are so much better, lets the sound roll off and sound so much better, u poor enuf resin+hardner in for at least a 1 inch pool, turn the box at an angle so its even and let it dry, it makes so much of a difference, and when u put it all over the rest of it it keeps the box more air tight too, dosnt let the mdf breath, makes it much stronger and makes it sounds better/louder

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

this all depends on enclosure design and construction, BUT..

-adding resin will add an average of .1 of a decibal.. usually not noticable by ear, but a good meter wll pick it up

-resin DOES NOT add strength to the box. in order for resin to have strength, it needs rigidity, which is where the mat comes in. the longer and more flat the surface is, the less rigid the fiberglass structure is, which is why some people add rope or wire under layers to strengthen long flat runs (i wouldnt suggest it in a box).

-the self leveling 45's are a good idea, i just dont like the thought of that much resin without any reinforcement in one area, especially where (in this case) it is exposed to such violent vibration... resin without any reinforcement is very brittle, and very likely to crack, and id hate to see that happen in somebody's box. i am in no way knocking steve for his procedure.. it has obviously worked out for him (and others) very well.. i just prefer the wood inserts instead (see the writeup up top in this section)

-to answer your other quesiton (krannyman) i usually put the resin on all interior walls, except the inside of the port. i then lay fiberglass over all seams in the box (again, except for inside the port). ill try and get some pictures up tomorrow night if that will help.

hope that helps..

Wasted, Incorporated

Up Front: Optima Yellowtop

HU:Pioneer Avic N1 w/ 2007 upgrade

Front Stage: MB Quart 6.5 comps

Rear Fill: Infinity Reference

Sub Stage: RE MT 18

Sub Amp: Undecided

Sub Enclosure: 5.5 cubes tuned to 33hz

Absolute Terminals

SkyTec 5100RS 2-Way LCD Pager

KnuKonceptz Wire