Don't Have An O-scope, Am I Still Able To Use 3sixty.2?

o scope really only helps when setting the amp gain (or output gain on the 360)

what would help is an RTA but neither are necessary

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

ask how many members have used an oscope to tune their system. more improtantly how many have used one every time they made an adjustment. Sure its nice and very helpful but you dont need it.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

ask how many members have used an oscope to tune their system. more improtantly how many have used one every time they made an adjustment. Sure its nice and very helpful but you dont need it.

The same could said about every tool in your tool box.

Your right you don't need one. Who would anyone want there system set-up correctly? Why would anyone want to maximize every component that they spent their hard earned money on? I guess because not many members have used one we shouldn't talk about them or even post links where to buy them at a reasonable price

http://www.kiesub.com/prostores/servlet/Detail?no=385

Hey I'm just trying to help out, sorry you don't agree.

no i do agree but far more people by walmart pioneer speakers then the high end hertz speakers. same with power acoustick amps vs audison amps. you cant really compare a oscope to any other tools because without a phillups screwdriver you cant install most amps (you need one)

I agree that everyone should use an oscope when installing any audio product but they are expensive and most wont.

• 1 year later...

I was lucky, when i did my last intall i had one to use, made it pretty easy to make sure you were sending out clean signals, finding out how high you can go on the HU and still have a clean signal. My KD-AR8500 i could turn all the way up and it was still showing a clean (unclipped) signal

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Your right you don't need one. Who would anyone want there system set-up correctly? Why would anyone want to maximize every component that they spent their hard earned money on? I guess because not many members have used one we shouldn't talk about them or even post links where to buy them at a reasonable price

Ahh this is hugely bullshit. I've tuned brazillions of systems by ear and got results just as good as getting out the scope (which I have 3 of, by the way) and checking every single damn component in the signal path. If the user wants me to do it, fine, and I would probably do it anyway for an SPL system or a very high end system or one where I suspected the owner might thrash it but for 95% of installs I can just throw on a piece of music I'm familiar with, twiddle the damn gain for 30 seconds and achieve completely satisfactory sound. I assume you don't/ have never worked as an installer but when you're doing a cookie-cutter headunit-fronts-sub-4channel install you're wasting your time getting the scope out. Do you think the owner is really going to care if you tell them that the headunit clips past 32/40???

There are shitloads of really, really good sounding cars out there built by people and shops who wouldn't know an o-scope from a hole in the ground. So don't pretend that you MUST have one.

The 360.2 has a clipping indicator for fucks sake. No scope needed at all. Just the setup disk, the instructions and 10 minutes of your day :01nocomment8so:

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

lol boon going crazy? I'm used to doing an install and when the owner comes to pick up the car i tell them inside ok it distorts at volume 30 don't turn it up past that... now lets go hear it and see what you think. I pop in the pass seat, they turn on the car and crank the volume all the way