Buy this glue weldwood and buy this gun harbor freight, unless you have another paint gun that you're not too worried about, and run the glue through that gun at around 45-60 psi spraying right onto the existing headliner. Cover with the suede after paying attention to the instructions on the glue and cut holes for lights, visors, etc. in the star pattern and also making sure to leave enough overlap on the edges for the fabric to wrap around onto the backside and glue that too. since it was cold where I live when I did this I brought it in the house and let it setup for 72 hours like recommended with the suede facing up before I reinstalled

Buy this glue weldwood and buy this gun harbor freight, unless you have another paint gun that you're not too worried about, and run the glue through that gun at around 45-60 psi spraying right onto the existing headliner. Cover with the suede after paying attention to the instructions on the glue and cut holes for lights, visors, etc. in the star pattern and also making sure to leave enough overlap on the edges for the fabric to wrap around onto the backside and glue that too. since it was cold where I live when I did this I brought it in the house and let it setup for 72 hours like recommended with the suede facing up before I reinstalled

thanks man of course i waited to do this now when its cold out and i dont have a basement to do it in. really the only reason i took it down was to fix some nasty rattles on the roof, and my moon roof wasnt working so i said fuck it if im going to take it down now is good time to do it and i can also dampen the roof while im at it.

He's right too, 3M does make some decent adhesives you just cant use their "general" trim adhesive for that, even recomends on the can not too, the way I look at it for about 45 dollars you can have the gun and more than enough to do an suv headliner, I did this to my Grand Cherokee and had roughly a paint guns load left, and if you do go to recover anything else like a box or your trim panels you still have the gun( just run some wax and grease remover through it to degunk it) which you can still use and another gallon is alot for all that other stuff. anyway point is 45 dollars to get it done that way(22 for glue), or 15 to 30 depending on what kind of headliner with cans and then more if you do run out. O and I did mean I sprayed it outside then brought it, you could put it on its side too the idea is just to let it setup with no pull on it, however for my sun roof i used the brush on version with a precut piece of fabric and that stuck real well and I was sitting in the seat doin it while it was still in(huge PIA to remove), either way is fine I just know I'm goin to be doin this to other vehicles and that glue is tried and true, professionals used it and I actually found out about it from this forum through what some of the senior members have done

make sure that you follow the directions on whatever glue that you end up using. if you try to apply the suede too early you will get glue spots that run thru the fabric

do not remove the existing foam on the HL, just go right over the top of it.

when you are applying the suede, start from the middle and work your way out. try not to stretch the suede into place (its only okay to do it in the corners)

if you do there is a good chance that it will sag after just a few weeks.

ive redone mine a couple times learning these things along the way

the weldwood is what id recommend using, as i probably put about half a gallon in my car....

(2008) Florida State Champion Bass Race 140-149.9

(2008) Florida State Champion Bass Boxing Middleweight Class

i would go with 3m spray adhesive the heavy duty kind and use a iron ..thats tha way i di my headliner..u can check mine out in this same section

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=28440

Edited by dt64bulldog

2 18's Fi SSD All Options Dual 2 ohm

Rockford Fosgate T20001 Bd

1/0 gauge Knukonceptz power wire

Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation AVIC F700

13.62 cu ft box ..28 hz

250 amp alternator

2 kinetik 2000 batteries

Xs Vcm Module