Looking To Buy A New Flatscreen, Need Some Opinions Please

Right on. In most cases, guys would like to brag about having an 18 x 24 foot living room, but in this case, your the lucky one ! :-) A 46" will get you by.... but a 52" would not be too big either, and would cover you should you move to a slightly larger place.

Peace,

Fish

PS, I saw a 70" LCD in my Crutchfield catalog today. Of course it said, "Call for price". Yea' sure ! If a guy has to call, he might as well just forget it. He can't afford it :-) LOL I'm guessing about $10K. Think I'll get two.

Oh BTW hzsogood, don't even tell me you know that girl in your avatar ! ....or that your boinking it ! I can't even imagine what a guy would have to do, to deserve a girl like that ! {had to do the little link tracing thing to see a larger photo... and holy shiznit ! :-)

Edited by Fish Chris

Oh BTW hzsogood, don't even tell me you know that girl in your avatar ! ....or that your boinking it ! I can't even imagine what a guy would have to do, to deserve a girl like that ! {had to do the little link tracing thing to see a larger photo... and holy shiznit ! :-)

thats either his wife or his ex? idk if they separated or another couple did.......

I may be wrong but plasma screens can be "burnt" in if there is a logo or anything that stays in 1 place for a long time

correct. supposedly you can "unburn" them with a SUPER WHITE picture for a little while. but idk. ill stick with lcd.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Burnt in images on plasmas "used to be a big concern", but have become really unlikely nowadays, except maybe in extreme cases.... like leaving a video game on pause for days at a time, with the contrast setting cranked up to maximum, and this would still probably only happen, with a cheaper set.

.....and remember, I'm an LCD kind of guy. But the facts are the facts.

Heck, Plasmas "used to have" a relatively short screen life too (like 5 years of normal use) but that's also a thing of the past.

Peace,

Fish

PS, One thing I don't think I've ranted about during this discussion, is all of the stinking GLARE from plasmas. Two years ago, when I was looking through all of the flat screens at Best Buy, I quickly noticed that if you looked up at the top row of flatscreens (the ones that were tilted down at about a 40 degree angle), while walking down the isle, you would see a perfect reflection of the all of the store front windows... next set, the same, next set, the same, same, same.... and then, bam ! Finally a set with ZERO reflections on it ! That is where the LCD's started :-)

Love my LCD.

Edited by Fish Chris

Burnt in images on plasmas "used to be a big concern", but have become really unlikely nowadays, except maybe in extreme cases.... like leaving a video game on pause for days at a time, with the contrast setting cranked up to maximum, and this would still probably only happen, with a cheaper set.

.....and remember, I'm an LCD kind of guy. But the facts are the facts.

Heck, Plasmas "used to have" a relatively short screen life too (like 5 years of normal use) but that's also a thing of the past.

Peace,

Fish

PS, One thing I don't think I've ranted about during this discussion, is all of the stinking GLARE from plasmas. Two years ago, when I was looking through all of the flat screens at Best Buy, I quickly noticed that if you looked up at the top row of flatscreens (the ones that were tilted down at about a 40 degree angle), while walking down the isle, you would see a perfect reflection of the all of the store front windows... next set, the same, next set, the same, same, same.... and then, bam ! Finally a set with ZERO reflections on it ! That is where the LCD's started :-)

Love my LCD.

Yea thanks guys , again .. So i went up to BB AGAIN, this morning and compared the samsung 650 plasma, the panasonic 85u ( <-- i believe thats the model number ) and the samsung 650 lcd .. ( the lone samsung lcd in my first post)

After close observation, i will say both plasmas seemed to have darker darks, and i mean every color red , green, black .. More of a rich picture , but i still liked the crispness and resolution of the lcd better .. So im glad i made this thread, cuz i really was leaning towards plasma as of 2 days ago.. Now all i gotta do is fork over the $$$$

the ONLY reason i would go with the samsung 650 series plasma is cuz of the great price , which is now $1699 opposed to the ( now marked down $600 samsung lcd 650 series ) now at $2099... Only reason really is cuz i wanted to only spend around 2k, but if i went with the plasma , i could get the tv, ps3, stand and cables for about the same price as the lcd..

So now thats my new decision .. heres the 2

comparison--- Also through the panasonic plasma in there , like the 480 hz refresh rate and the price , compared to the samsungs 60 hz refresh

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...8477&catId=

Edited by hzsogood

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

490 refresh rate ! Holy shiznit ! I thought you made a typo... But yea' that's what they are saying.

The thing is though, I can't really even see a difference in my 60hz refresh rate, and the newer 120's ?

So I can't imagine any real benefit of 480.

It's kind of like the difference in sound quality of a CD player with .01 % distortion, and another with .001%

distortion. The second one is 10 X's cleaner on paper, but the human ear can't detect the difference anyway.

And hey, just to reiterate, I really like Plasmas too. Any new, large flat screen, Plasma, or LCD beats the heck out

of any old school picture tube. Just splitting hairs between the two though.

Peace,

Fish

Well... its down to 2...... i wish they were both of the same type ( lcd or plasma ) but nope, gotta make it tough

either

The samsung lcd 650 $2099, such a badasslooking tv in every way

or

panasonic 85u plasma.. amazing pic + 480 hz refresh

comparison--

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...1093&catId=

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

Just watched this documentry at a buddys houseon his 52" xbr8.. omg , im not life much of a wildlife , nature buff, but this was some of the most unreal HD ive ever seen.. If you wanna show off blu ray without a pixar movie, get this

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-66867.html

SORRY that was the discovery channel version, which i believe is in 1080i, THIS is the good one... a must buy imo

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...&id=1622559

Edited by hzsogood