Sundown Audio

1.34 Ohm Load

alan412

I'm planning on running 3 Rockford Fosgate Punch P2's. They are 2 ohm woofers, each rated at 250 watts RMS. According to Rockford's website when wiring 3 of these woofers to an amplifier they can either be as a 3 ohm load or a 1.34 ohm load. What i need help with is finding an amp that is capable of handling a 1.34 ohm load at 750 watts RMS.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

(Headunit) Pioneer DEH-P3100UB

(Speakers) Phoenix Gold RSd 65cs

(4 Channel) Alpine MRP-F300

(Subs) 2 15" Audioque SDC2.5

(Box) 7.27 cubic feet tuned to 31 Hz

(Mono Amplifier) Elemental Designs Nine.1

(Wiring) 1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

(Batteries) 2 C&D Tech 75 a/h

I'm planning on running 3 Rockford Fosgate Punch P2's. They are 2 ohm woofers, each rated at 250 watts RMS. According to Rockford's website when wiring 3 of these woofers to an amplifier they can either be as a 3 ohm load or a 1.34 ohm load. What i need help with is finding an amp that is capable of handling a 1.34 ohm load at 750 watts RMS.

look into the sundown 1000ds, hifonics lower line or just about any amp that'll do 1000X1 @ 1ohm.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Actually if they're 2 ohm woofers and you wire them in parallel you will get a .66 ohm load not 1.34, and if you were to wire them in series you would have 6 ohms not 3 ohms. I don't know where you came up with that or where Rockford would say something like that but it's completely wrong.

I'd check on the impedences of the woofers again because I don't think that Rockford even makes single voice coil subs that are 2 ohms. Check back and find out what you are actually getting.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Actually if they're 2 ohm woofers and you wire them in parallel you will get a .66 ohm load not 1.34, and if you were to wire them in series you would have 6 ohms not 3 ohms. I don't know where you came up with that or where Rockford would say something like that but it's completely wrong.

I'd check on the impedences of the woofers again because I don't think that Rockford even makes single voice coil subs that are 2 ohms. Check back and find out what you are actually getting.

x2

my setup:

alpine iva-w205

fosgate t30001

rf t8004

re 6x9

2 re sx 15's

4 inch fosgate fanatic q components

hertz 6.5 comp

kicker 1/0 wiring

ipod direct connect

2 optimas batts

in the middle of rebuilding

GRROUNDZERO.jpg

He is right shades, didnt sound right at first, What threw you off is the fact that he said 2 ohm woofers, and not 2 ohm dvc's. :)

x2

I bet you feel like a pro huh?

I believe these are the subs he is speaking of?

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/pr...S&p_status=

Since they are all dvc 2 or 4 ohm subs for the 8s, 10s, 12s, 15s. And the 10s,12s, 15s are all rated for 250wrms/500peak.

Coil wiring configs.

3_2ohmDVC_134ohm.gif

3_2ohmDVC_3ohm.gif

He is right shades, didnt sound right at first, What threw you off is the fact that he said 2 ohm woofers, and not 2 ohm dvc's. :)

I bet you feel like a pro huh?

I believe these are the subs he is speaking of?

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/pr...S&p_status=

Since they are all dvc 2 or 4 ohm subs for the 8s, 10s, 12s, 15s. And the 10s,12s, 15s are all rated for 250wrms/500peak.

Coil wiring configs.

3_2ohmDVC_134ohm.gif

3_2ohmDVC_3ohm.gif

never said i was a pro. u did

Edited by a_plus

my setup:

alpine iva-w205

fosgate t30001

rf t8004

re 6x9

2 re sx 15's

4 inch fosgate fanatic q components

hertz 6.5 comp

kicker 1/0 wiring

ipod direct connect

2 optimas batts

in the middle of rebuilding

GRROUNDZERO.jpg

Yeah I thought that he ment that they were single 2 ohm subs since he didn't state that they were dvc's. Makes perfect sense now, but the guy shoulda included all the information since he was asking for help. Simple Ohm's Law resistance is r1*r2/r1+r2

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz