Second Skin Audio

Pwk Enclosure Designs

audioman21

theres people who can do the same off the wall designs some of which dont even work the way he states and they do them free of charge, you just have to look around.

I believe elvis wasted 500 bucks building a PWK box and it didnt do what it was supposed to so not only did he lose the 50 bones he lost all the materials

on the other hand i guess its worth it to throw the money out there if you dont know how to do it or if you have no desire to know what your running or how it works

He also has a money back gauruntee, so if he didn't like the way it sounded then he could've brought it up with the guy who designed it.. Although it make not put the money back into for the wood used but its $50 back in ur pocket.. I've never had any bad results from Pete. The best experiance is first hand so you wont be able to speak for yourself unless you've heard or had one for yourself.. I say opnions are like assholes and everyones got one. If you think its a bad idea than build one yourself.

Ascendant Audio

8 AA Havoc 15's in a 4th order

I think the guy has got skill, but I don't see paying over $20 for a design is worth it.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Ive heard quite a few of his designs that didnt do a damn thing. No way in hell Id pay him $50 to design me a box. His boxes look overly complicated, and thats what they are. His chambers are always way too small, with wayyyy too much port.

I know a ton of guys who can build a box way better than Pete. Yeah, his SUV was loud as hell for what it was, but thats his car. Anyone can build their OWN car to be that loud. He has no idea about anyone elses cars though.

He didnt make his own programs. He made a Excel spreadsheet. You can even download it on his site.

Also, you can model your cabins response in BassBoxPro if you had the info. Theres no way in hell he tests every car for the cabin response before he designs a box. That would be impossible.

he does come up with names, and over exaggerate some designs.

I use BB6.0 too for in car resonances half wave, quarter wave, and 1/8th wave to see what would be best tuning.

I used to hate on the guy, but thats wrong... I just keep shhhh

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I already have a 4.5 ish ported box for two level four with level five coil Dc's. I just stumbled across some of his designs and they look impressive, just didn't know how they performed. I plan on actuall redoing my box but this time resining the insides and such. I'm good at doing the building but as far as designing I suck bad at math and fiduring with math.

Ive heard quite a few of his designs that didnt do a damn thing. No way in hell Id pay him $50 to design me a box. His boxes look overly complicated, and thats what they are. His chambers are always way too small, with wayyyy too much port.

I know a ton of guys who can build a box way better than Pete. Yeah, his SUV was loud as hell for what it was, but thats his car. Anyone can build their OWN car to be that loud. He has no idea about anyone elses cars though.

He didnt make his own programs. He made a Excel spreadsheet. You can even download it on his site.

Also, you can model your cabins response in BassBoxPro if you had the info. Theres no way in hell he tests every car for the cabin response before he designs a box. That would be impossible.

my thoughts exactly

I think not one of you guys have any right to say anything negative about anything unless you actually have experienced something. Like mormons who say coffee is bad, when they have never even tasted it. I believe in pete and i guess thats whats important. Sucks there are so many know it alls and haters in the world. And how the hell do you spend 400 dollars on mdf? its 25 bucks a sheet for 3/4"........and glue is what? 4 bucks a bottle? i hear some exaggeration going on here.

If anyone wants an honest opinion of petes work i suggest checking out his forums. Your not a know it all, and want a good box design, then pwk is a great place for people. Building boxes are fun and having someone else design them takes the fun out of it. I get it.

and Mr SMD has recomended him as well.... cant be that bad of a guy right?

Archived