Don't just run them straight into the battery usually. It would be best to add them into a fuse source such as your cigarette lighter lead. When I did all of my LED interior lighting I ran from the cigarette lighter lead, to a switch, to another (2 amp I believe) fuse, and then to all of my LED's. So they share the 15amp fuse from the fuse box, and another fuse just for them.

i dont get it what are fuses. do i need to buy them. will a shop help me and do all leds come with a switch. im now buying from oznium.

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

i dont get it what are fuses. do i need to buy them. will a shop help me and do all leds come with a switch. im now buying from oznium.

If you do not know what a fuse is, you have no business in wiring ANYTHING. You NEVER run after market or even OEM parts directly off of a battery unless you are testing them as they could short and present the hazard for an electrical fire.

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

• 3 weeks later...

wow u just said u dont know what fuses are.. i think u should leave it to the professionals before u burn ur car up

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Dude if you need help have your dad or someone with more experience help you out.

A shop would probably charge you to much.

Derp.

suuuper easy man.. take a line from a power source in your fuse box (something that isnt already switched, like the interior lights that come on when you open your doors) hook that up to your switch (the 12v source lead) thats the one that will send power to your switch, and to your light. then you run the positive wire from the l.e.d to the acc. lead on your switch.then allyou gotta do is do the same for the ground wire on the light. and hook that to the ground lead on your switch. then just take another wire from the ground and find a chassis ground. hope this helped. i would have drawn a diagram...but too lazy and tired for that.

ill cut out yo eyelids and give ya nothin but sleeping pills...

suuuper easy man.. take a line from a power source in your fuse box (something that isnt already switched, like the interior lights that come on when you open your doors) hook that up to your switch (the 12v source lead) thats the one that will send power to your switch, and to your light. then you run the positive wire from the l.e.d to the acc. lead on your switch.then allyou gotta do is do the same for the ground wire on the light. and hook that to the ground lead on your switch. then just take another wire from the ground and find a chassis ground. hope this helped. i would have drawn a diagram...but too lazy and tired for that.

i kno what a fuse is for but i dont know how to set everything up. im not good yet at knowing what wires go where

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

take a fuse out of an accessory...like cigarette lighter or someting. then take the positive end of your wire (thats already stripped) and put it in the slot that the fuse goes it..then put the fuse back in.

That's true and will work, but most cigarette lighter fuses are around 15 amps, FAR more than what alot of LED's will draw. It's best to even add a second fuse after that one strictly for the LED's. I think all my LED lighting is protected by a 2 amp fuse after the 15 amp cigarette lighter accessory fuse.

Use one of these.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2102784

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner