Second Skin Audio

Fi Btl 12x4

splzx3

well i have picked my subs i want 2 go with fi btl 12 and the amp is goin 2 be a sundown 3000

i need help getin the ohms down to 1 so if any one can draw or show me a way 2 get it

i know i did not tell u wut ohm the subs are and the reason is bc the one that get me to 1 ohm is the one i'm goin 2 get

thanks for ur guys help

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

You know you could run a Sundown 3000D to EACH BTL 12?

With 4 of them they'll be getting 750wrms each and be way way below potential. You're better off getting SSDs or DC Level 3's

i was thinkin about runin a 3000 to each but it all goin in a zx3 and i'm tryin 2 keep my back seat

so i would be just better off with two 15 or a 18

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

two 15s/18s with an amp on each one will be more cost effective than going with four woofers+four amps considering the 12s would have less Sd

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

two 15s/18s with an amp on each one will be more cost effective than going with four woofers+four amps considering the 12s would have less Sd

-Drew

would 6k be a over kill on the 18

get the 1.5 ohm btl and put a 3000 on each vc?

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

From the way it sounds I wouldn't do that idea. With dual 2 ohm sub you'd be getting around 3-4kw to the sub anyway, not 6k- may as well just one run amp at 1 ohm.

I would do 2 15s or 1 18 with a 3k on each. They'll handle the power all day and should be very loud.

thanks i'm goin 2 go with the 18 now all i need is a box

so any one want 2 help me plan a box B) (i have 40 L x20 H x30 D) to have fun with

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

An 18 is not the best option for your car man. I'd say if you want to do it right the first time around go with 2 15's instead. You have enough room in the hatch for them. I would be willing to help you design a box for 2 15's or 2 12's for the car since I have one myself. You see the kind of numbers I'm doing in my car, and I can guarentee at least a 147 with the right equiptment in yours. On another note if you have your heart set on a single SAZ3000D then get it, but 2 SAZ1500D's are going to be louder than a single 3000. I've already proved this theory in my car. I gained 1.9 db by running 2 1500's over a single Crunch 3000D. Now the Crunch and the Sundown amps are not the same, but they are very similar and close in the amount of power that they will put out at 1 ohm. By using 2 amps it cuts down on your box rise and lets the amps opperate a little bit easier depending on the ohm load. You could run 2 1500's at 1 ohm each over a 3000d at 1 ohm and still be louder. The cost between 2 1500's isn't much more than a single 3000, and it's worth the extra hundred bux or so. Let me know if you have any interest in me helping you and I will do so for a small fee.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived